Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-03-07, 00:19)DruTheFu Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity, what's the average time that this skin gets updated in the official repo once the updates hit the git?
It depends on when I send a PR and the time it takes to get accepted -- some basic checks need to be run before updates are accepted. There are also rules regarding not sending too many updates to official repo to avoid excessive strains on servers and constant downloads on the user end. I send a PR about every 1-2 weeks after testing changes as per addon rules: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_rules#Updates

(2015-03-07, 01:39)furii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-07, 01:26)colbert Wrote: [ -> ]In skin settings > OSD > Use dark theme, is that the OSD during video playback when you hit info/pause/menu? I can't see any difference with it on or off so just checking (I don't use Music section in Kodi so if it's for that that explains it)
i believe that just turns on the dark osd if you're using the light theme or dark theme with light dialogs.
Yep only makes a change if you are using the light theme. Need to add a check to only enable the control if light theme is selected.

(2015-03-07, 01:26)colbert Wrote: [ -> ]Any possibility to allow different views for the addons that aren't set as movie/tv/episodes?

What addons? I haven't really encountered any add-ons that dont set a content type for video content -- if its a video addon then it should set a content type for its videos -- if it doesn't then this should be taken up with the addon author. If I enable them regardless of content type then I just end up with a flood of complaints about scaling/aspect issues so I enforce strict content type rules for the views.
(2015-03-06, 07:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]1. It is possible, however I wont be doing this as some people don't use channel logos or dont have logos for all channels - imo it looks weird with a blank space and resizing the text to fill is really disorientating if only some channels dont have logos.

Can you PM me and tell me how to set this up for just me, then? I have channel logos for each channel Smile I'll throw a donation your way as well.

Thanks for the input Wink I'll figure out something to do about the menu buttons.

Cheers!
(2015-03-07, 04:22)SheHateMe Wrote: [ -> ]Can you PM me and tell me how to set this up for just me, then? I have channel logos for each channel Smile I'll throw a donation your way as well.

I'll just post it here so other people can use it if they want

Open 1080i/MyPVRGuide.xml in text editor and replace its contents with either of the following

Logo on right side:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=xLgN5Kvn

Logo on left side:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=TGUXyZsx
(2015-02-28, 04:59)kevlinmannen Wrote: [ -> ]I made a change to your imdb top250 icon

I placed

Code:
            <control type="label">
                <width>70</width>
                <height>64</height>            
                <label>[B]$INFO[ListItem.Top250,#][/B]</label>
                <font>SmallBold</font>
            </control>

under the icon code in DialogVideoInfo.xml

My implementation doesn't look great (its my first mod) I'm sure you could do it better, but seeing where it places on the top250 is nice

Jurialmunkey:

You added the IMDB top250 label to every view. If I want to show the top250 #, where do I add this code so it shows in every view?

Thanks
@Edworld

In Includes_Furniture.xml

underneath this part (line 341)
Code:
<control type="image">
    <width>64</width>
    <centertop>50%</centertop>
    <height>64</height>
    <texture colordiffuse="Dark1">flags/imdb.png</texture>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Top250)</visible>
</control>

add this
Code:
<control type="label">
    <width>60</width>
    <height>64</height>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Top250,[B]#,[/B]]</label>
    <font>TinyBold</font>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <centertop>50%</centertop>
    <textcolor>Dark1</textcolor>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Top250)</visible>
</control>
Done!

Let me ask you a stupid question:

What is the difference between default and square? I looked at the first post over and over and can't find the difference

Thanks
(2015-03-07, 02:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-07, 01:26)colbert Wrote: [ -> ]Any possibility to allow different views for the addons that aren't set as movie/tv/episodes?

What addons? I haven't really encountered any add-ons that dont set a content type for video content -- if its a video addon then it should set a content type for its videos -- if it doesn't then this should be taken up with the addon author. If I enable them regardless of content type then I just end up with a flood of complaints about scaling/aspect issues so I enforce strict content type rules for the views.

I only use YouTube and Twitch, and having just checked, YouTube has just the Big List+Thumbnail views available on the main menu but other lists you go into have extra views available. Twitch however has only Big List+Thumbnail at every level so I'll find that thread and try the author, thanks !
I like how the last episode title from ended TV shows are displayed within the media flags; however, is there any way to exclude specials from being shown? For example, the last episode for The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is shown as "Will & Jaden Smith, DJ Jazzy Jeff and Alfonso Ribeiro Rap! - The Graham Norton Show - BBC One" a "special" episode entered into TVDB.

Edit: Never mind. I just found out that it's the "Next Aired" addon that controls that.
(2015-03-07, 07:57)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Let me ask you a stupid question:

What is the difference between default and square? I looked at the first post over and over and can't find the difference
Square disables the soft rounding on corners of dialogs and posters etc. -- its a pretty subtle difference... Its more noticeable on a big tv than in the screenshots.

(2015-03-07, 08:07)colbert Wrote: [ -> ]I only use YouTube and Twitch, and having just checked, YouTube has just the Big List+Thumbnail views available on the main menu but other lists you go into have extra views available. Twitch however has only Big List+Thumbnail at every level so I'll find that thread and try the author, thanks !
Ah ok. Just installed it to have a look. It really should set the content type to episodes for the views that contain videos.
I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but in a music playlist, the currently playing song is not highlighted in any way.
just updated to the latest github version.
a few observations:
1. i preferred the simple circle loading animation. the "flower" loading icon seems kinda out of place with the rest of the minimal design. (maybe as an option? im sure some people like the flower...)
2. when viewing the seasons of a tv show would it be possible to disable the plot? its the same for every season anyhow (at least for me) so its kinda redundant. would like the big symbol view to only show the season name without the plot.
3. can we have numerical rating instead of "stars" rating for movies and tv shows? I much prefer seeing that a movie has 7,5 as rating instead of 3 full and one half full star Big Grin
4. somewhat offtopic: is there any way to refresh the ratings for a movie. i just noticed that i was scraping the ratings from tmdb although i normaly prefer imdb. i switched the ratings source in the addon however can i now somehow invoke an update of all the ratings or would that mean rescraping my whole library??
Could you change the text "internet video" on the video OSD to "Now streaming".. I think it's better that way Nod
where can i find this var: $VAR[PlayerTitle]
After playing around with key mappings I changed my remote for the EPG windows to go back and forth channel groups and noticed something; I got quite many and it's not always clear to me which one is active.

Maybe you can add the group name just like the mini guide window where it's in the top left corner?
Appending it vertically on the left before the channel numbers or on the right after the program info might look good, or on the right bottom corner under the starting/ending time or just in the top left where it says sorting: on name. Instead of the label "Live TV" like now it would be better to display "Timeline: Active Channel Group". Just some ideas about it that might work out.

The last option I gave I will explore through some editing and give the resultt + code here as it should be pretty easy to do.

This is how it looks after:

Full fix:

Edit Includes_furniture.xml line 524:

Code:
<value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyPVRChannels.xml) | Window.IsVisible(MyPVRSearch.xml) | Window.IsVisible(MyPVRTimers.xml) | Window.IsVisible(MyPVRGuide.xml) | Window.IsVisible(MyPVRRecordings.xml)">$LOCALIZE[31103]</value>

to

Code:
    <value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyPVRChannels.xml)">$LOCALIZE[19019]  •  $INFO[VideoPlayer.ChannelGroup]</value>
    <value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyPVRGuide.xml)">$LOCALIZE[4]  •  $INFO[VideoPlayer.ChannelGroup]</value>
    <value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyPVRRecordings.xml)">$LOCALIZE[19017]</value>
    <value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyPVRTimers.xml)">$LOCALIZE[19040]</value>
    <value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyPVRSearch.xml)">$LOCALIZE[137]</value>

This part edits the topbar with the right localisations and adds the channel group

also edit line 505:

Code:
<value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyPVRChannels.xml) | Window.IsVisible(MyPVRSearch.xml) | Window.IsVisible(MyPVRTimers.xml) | Window.IsVisible(MyPVRGuide.xml) | Window.IsVisible(MyPVRRecordings.xml)">special://skin/extras/icons/livetv.png</value>

to:

Code:
    <value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyPVRChannels.xml)">special://skin/extras/icons/livetv.png</value>
    <value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyPVRguide.xml)">special://skin/extras/icons/playlist.png</value>
    <value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyPVRRecordings.xml)">special://skin/extras/icons/files.png</value>
    <value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyPVRTimers.xml)">special://skin/extras/icons/timer.png</value>
    <value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyPVRSearch.xml)">special://skin/extras/icons/search.png</value>

This edits the right icon in the top left corner for each page Smile
Instead of the playlist.png icon for the guide the icon years.png is also a good candidate which displays numbers instead of small squares

One small bug remains; the channel group only gets displayed when the pvr is on; else it won't. Maybe you know how to fix that for $INFO[VideoPlayer.ChannelGroup]
Jurial, is it possible to show the shows or movie image in the EPG guide?

Something like this: