Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
jurialmonkey, thanks again for posting the tip on launching script.extendedinfo with a fake button. I was able to get it working, with one exception. I can't get the controls in the focusedlayout of the actor list (id #50) to show up. Is there a way to get the list's focusedlayout to display even though it doesn't have the focus? I'm thinking maybe this method won't work with the type of list I'm using in Mimic (horizontal list of actor thumbs).
(2015-03-13, 04:28)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]jurialmonkey, thanks again for posting the tip on launching script.extendedinfo with a fake button. I was able to get it working, with one exception. I can't get the controls in the focusedlayout of the actor list (id #50) to show up. Is there a way to get the list's focusedlayout to display even though it doesn't have the focus? I'm thinking maybe this method won't work with the type of list I'm using in Mimic (horizontal list of actor thumbs).

Sent you a PM
Thanks for a very polished modern looking skin Smile Am a fan of eminence and now i can see that this is going to be my primary skin Smile
A small suggestion - is it possible to set logo as fallback for clearart on OSD if clearart is missing?
(2015-03-13, 01:20)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-12, 17:45)wripet Wrote: [ -> ]Will this skin support media flags?
It shows text based media flags in the bottom left. If you mean image based ones, then no it wont.

Sad to hear, I thought that a nice pictured flag would look way better than just a text saying "DTSHD_MA".
Any specific reason the 'Repeat' option was left out of the Video playlist options? Copying over the relevant section from the 'MusicPlaylist' xml file works perfectly, so I though perhaps this was an intended omission? (I use it mainly when I queue up a few music videos for watching - shuffle+repeat)
(2015-03-13, 00:06)cruten87 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again for all of your hard work on this skin. It is definitely the best skin out there in my opinion.

I have however stumbled across a slight problem in the last few days with the music video section. I currently have my concerts linked with the music video section which works great with your skin and the poster view. However, I've noticed that whenever I play a concert and try to skip a chapter the the skip button takes me to the next concert rather than the next chapter in the concert. Apologies if this is something ovbious but I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to get round this as it seems to have just started to behave like this in the last few days?
Is it the skip button on your remote or the skip button on the osd controls?

OSD controls have always skipped next/previous item - thats how it is in pretty much every skin.

If its your remote, then its something to do with your keymap. By default skip next/previous buttons generally go to the next item in the playlist. Usually its up/down that are mapped to next/prev chapter (or bigstep if no chapters available).
There is a keymap editor addon that can help remap keys if you need to.

Sorry Jurial, your right, that was my mistake. My batteries had ran out on my fire tv remote so I was using the app on my phone to control it. I just presumed that the skip/next button on the OSD control would do the same as pressing the up/down on my fire tv remote. Thanks for the speedy response and clarification.
Hey Jurial.
The rss feed is shown in the fullscreen pictures view. Can you fix this?
Regards
(2015-03-13, 13:54)wripet Wrote: [ -> ]
It shows text based media flags in the bottom left. If you mean image based ones, then no it wont.

Sad to hear, I thought that a nice pictured flag would look way better than just a text saying "DTSHD_MA".
Agree but his skin, his rules!
Hi mate, can the date be hidden from the clock?
Hi, I've just reinstall kodi and your great skin.

I've got an issue with movie spotlight widget. A lot of movies do not have fanart on home screen (but they exist when i got to them in library) I check library data provider but no option for backgrounds.

Any help ?

Thanks

w2w
(2015-03-13, 23:28)magy77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-13, 01:20)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]It shows text based media flags in the bottom left. If you mean image based ones, then no it wont.

Agree but his skin, his rules!

You're definitely right, it's just my opinion.
(2015-03-13, 07:44)KrakenT3ch Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for a very polished modern looking skin Smile Am a fan of eminence and now i can see that this is going to be my primary skin Smile
A small suggestion - is it possible to set logo as fallback for clearart on OSD if clearart is missing?
Done. On git.

Its not that I didn't try it - I did and didn't like how it looked. The flags available for codecs vary so much in terms of quality and also lack a lot of consistency in terms of the space they occupy. Text looks much neater imo.

(2015-03-13, 15:44)GenKali Wrote: [ -> ]Any specific reason the 'Repeat' option was left out of the Video playlist options? Copying over the relevant section from the 'MusicPlaylist' xml file works perfectly, so I though perhaps this was an intended omission? (I use it mainly when I queue up a few music videos for watching - shuffle+repeat)
Just an oversight. Added on git.

(2015-03-13, 22:38)magy77 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jurial.
The rss feed is shown in the fullscreen pictures view. Can you fix this?
Regards
Fixed on git Smile

(2015-03-13, 23:28)hacky4real Wrote: [ -> ]Hi mate, can the date be hidden from the clock?
Sorry this is something you will have to mod yourself.
The clock stuff is in Includes_Furniture.xml

(2015-03-13, 23:29)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I've just reinstall kodi and your great skin.

I've got an issue with movie spotlight widget. A lot of movies do not have fanart on home screen (but they exist when i got to them in library) I check library data provider but no option for backgrounds.
Not sure. I know some people have issues with the fanart not caching properly with library data provider but I'm not sure what the solution is. You could try using one of the included playlists as the widget instead - down the bottom of the selectable widgets in the home customisation screen. There are playlists for random and new - the only one you cant do is recommended.
Hi Jurialmunkey!

Is there a way for Kodi to automatically update the skin from your git?

Thanks!
(2015-03-14, 03:29)psmiddy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jurialmunkey!

Is there a way for Kodi to automatically update the skin from your git?

Thanks!
No. You will have to set up a cron job to run a bash script or something similar if you want to automatically pull updates from git. Current repo version is 1.1.5 and was updated only a day ago.

Development will be slowing down quite a bit from here as my schedule gets busier so there wont be much of a difference between the two from here on
Thanks a million. Skin just keeps getting better and better...Just found the option to choose a custom loading animation. Awesome stuff...Wonder if we could also get a option for Tiles on main menu similar to Eminence. Icons and flat options are great!! Also loving widget pulling Movie/Series info from Trakt in Trending Widgets....