Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would be fine with the movie/average episode duration in the spotlight boxes
This view for e.g. http://i.imgur.com/9Uj0411.png
hello , can anyone tell me if there is a fanart view for movies and tv shows like the spotlight ?
Hide widget when empty works perfect!
(2015-03-11, 22:21)qpr1991 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you use custom widgets. Can't figure it out.

Same thing here. I'm a bit lost. :/

On the skin settings in widgets i can edit the label of "Custom 1" and 2 but i can't figure out how to edit the widget it self.

For example i wanted a widget that shows favourites, on the home screen but i can't figure it out.

Also an idea, can we have a widget or an option to show custom addons in the home screen (Like in the Amber skin: there's an option where you can choose the addons you want to show up in the home screen in the addons section).
^This could be a widget where you can add multiple items, like the way you can had several submenus to a main menu.

Also thanks a lot for your amazing work Big Grin
(2015-03-20, 13:27)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]I would be fine with the movie/average episode duration in the spotlight boxes
As long as it's a single movie/episode and not a set/season then it should already show duration there.

(2015-03-20, 23:09)calhaus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-11, 22:21)qpr1991 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you use custom widgets. Can't figure it out.

On the skin settings in widgets i can edit the label of "Custom 1" and 2 but i can't figure out how to edit the widget it self.

For example i wanted a widget that shows favourites, on the home screen but i can't figure it out.

Also an idea, can we have a widget or an option to show custom addons in the home screen (Like in the Amber skin: there's an option where you can choose the addons you want to show up in the home screen in the addons section).
^This could be a widget where you can add multiple items, like the way you can had several submenus to a main menu.

you are setting the library path you want to use for the custom widget. For instance:
addons://sources/video/
will show all your video addons. You can see other library paths here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs

In the git version there is a feature where you can open the side menu for any video view and there is a button there to set that path as one of the custom widgets which is really handy. For instance you could set the content of a video addon such as apple trailers as a widget and then you have a trailers widget.

Afaik its not possible to have a widget for favourites but I could be wrong.

Regarding a widget where you select individual custom items probably wont be for a while as its quite a bit of work. Will wait until phils toolbox script hits the repo to cut down on the amount of work required.
(2015-03-21, 00:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-20, 13:27)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]I would be fine with the movie/average episode duration in the spotlight boxes
As long as it's a single movie/episode and not a set/season then it should already show duration there.

In the git version or in the repo version? I will check die it tomorrow in the repo version
Either version. For movie widgets it will have year, number of minutes and rating.
Maybe a option possible to show the flags on movie widgets?
(2015-03-21, 03:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Either version. For movie widgets it will have year, number of minutes and rating.

Your right, but it's missing for some movies and for almost all of my show episodes.
Are these from the kodi database or somewhere else?
Bug Report: When "Group movies in sets" is enabled and you go into a set from your movies list, and press backspace - movies are no longer grouped in sets.

I'm not sure if this is a Kodi or Skin bug. I'm on Kodi 14.2
(2015-03-21, 00:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-20, 23:09)calhaus Wrote: [ -> ]

you are setting the library path you want to use for the custom widget. For instance:
addons://sources/video/
will show all your video addons. You can see other library paths here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs

In the git version there is a feature where you can open the side menu for any video view and there is a button there to set that path as one of the custom widgets which is really handy. For instance you could set the content of a video addon such as apple trailers as a widget and then you have a trailers widget.

Afaik its not possible to have a widget for favourites but I could be wrong.

Regarding a widget where you select individual custom items probably wont be for a while as its quite a bit of work. Will wait until phils toolbox script hits the repo to cut down on the amount of work required.

Thank you for replying and for helping!!!! <3

So easy, the problem is the text saying "Enter the new label" when customizing the widgets is confusing. ( http://i.imgur.com/zzpGRLV.png )
Dunno if only for me, but other text like "Enter new widget function" or simillar would be less confusing Wink

That feature of the side menu is cool, kudos!

Btw, the path for favourites in custom widgets is simple, it's just: favourites://

Now, after testing widgets with video addons and favourites i've found a bug.
http://i.imgur.com/6K7DDGi.png
http://i.imgur.com/imihccs.jpg
By the pictures you can see, there is no titles for any addon/favourite, in either widget view, witch is strange. Can you see that? A way to search for titles in the path given to the widget? Otherwise take that big white space for titles/infos out of the custom widgets, it's probably easier. Wink

Other thing, on my computer i only have some favourites for testing, some dont have an icon (on my Rpi2 they all have icons and looks good), but is it possible to add an "no icon" icon (The one named 'DefaultAddonNone.png') for the items on widgets? Otherwise they look invisible. http://i.imgur.com/6K7DDGi.png

------
Regarding the widget with custom addons, thanks for giving me hope. I have lots of addons, but i use several regularly that are from different categories, this way you can have the addons you want in one place, ordered the way you want. Smile

P.S.: Again, thanks!
(2015-03-21, 15:02)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]Your right, but it's missing for some movies and for almost all of my show episodes.
Are these from the kodi database or somewhere else?
I'm not 100% sure. I assume that kodi queries the the video file for its duration and then saves this info into the database. There are some issues with library data provider pulling info/artwork from the database in some situations it seems (I've never had the problem personally, but obviously others with different setups do) - so it might be worth trying a smart playlist option for the widget instead and seeing if the problem still persists.

(2015-03-21, 18:41)Feralwolf Wrote: [ -> ]Bug Report: When "Group movies in sets" is enabled and you go into a set from your movies list, and press backspace - movies are no longer grouped in sets.

I'm not sure if this is a Kodi or Skin bug. I'm on Kodi 14.2
Definitely Kodi bug Wink

(2015-03-21, 21:53)calhaus Wrote: [ -> ]1. So easy, the problem is the text saying "Enter the new label" when customizing the widgets is confusing.
Dunno if only for me, but other text like "Enter new widget function" or simillar would be less confusing Wink

2. Btw, the path for favourites in custom widgets is simple, it's just: favourites://

3. By the pictures you can see, there is no titles for any addon/favourite, in either widget view, witch is strange. Can you see that? A way to search for titles in the path given to the widget? Otherwise take that big white space for titles/infos out of the custom widgets, it's probably easier. Wink

4. Other thing, on my computer i only have some favourites for testing, some dont have an icon (on my Rpi2 they all have icons and looks good), but is it possible to add an "no icon" icon (The one named 'DefaultAddonNone.png') for the items on widgets? Otherwise they look invisible.
1. I agree a little confusing - its just the default heading text of the keyboard that kodi gives it. I know a trick/hack to fix this so I will implement it when I have a chance

2. Ah excellent, completely forgot it just had that path. Based on this info, I've implemented a built-in favourites widget so that you don't have to use up one of the custom widgets on it. On latest git.

3 & 4. Should be fixed now on git.
Please don't burn yourself out supporting this skin @jurialmunkey!
(2015-03-22, 13:34)boyofford Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't burn yourself out supporting this skin @jurialmunkey!

I agree! Take a break! The skin is already a masterpiece!
(2015-03-22, 03:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-21, 21:53)calhaus Wrote: [ -> ]1. So easy, the problem is the text saying "Enter the new label" when customizing the widgets is confusing.

2. Btw, the path for favourites in custom widgets is simple, it's just: favourites://

3. By the pictures you can see, there is no titles for any addon/favourite, in either widget view, witch is strange. Can you see that? A way to search for titles in the path given to the widget? Otherwise take that big white space for titles/infos out of the custom widgets, it's probably easier. Wink

4. Other thing, on my computer i only have some favourites for testing, some dont have an icon (on my Rpi2 they all have icons and looks good), but is it possible to add an "no icon" icon (The one named 'DefaultAddonNone.png') for the items on widgets? Otherwise they look invisible.
1. I agree a little confusing - its just the default heading text of the keyboard that kodi gives it. I know a trick/hack to fix this so I will implement it when I have a chance

2. Ah excellent, completely forgot it just had that path. Based on this info, I've implemented a built-in favourites widget so that you don't have to use up one of the custom widgets on it. On latest git.

3 & 4. Should be fixed now on git.

You are the man! Thanks again for helping, listening and put you time in this skin! Smile

I've only noticed this now (sorry), but the favourites on widgets dont open. :/ It's a bit strange, but i've tried favourites with your new implemented widgetand on a custom widget, and nothing happens after trying to open a favourite from the widget.

Log of pressing enter on a favourite (the link is a path inside a cloud addon for example): http://pastebin.com/VU23Xcxi