Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-03-22, 16:47)calhaus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-22, 03:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-21, 21:53)calhaus Wrote: [ -> ]1. So easy, the problem is the text saying "Enter the new label" when customizing the widgets is confusing.
Dunno if only for me, but other text like "Enter new widget function" or simillar would be less confusing Wink

2. Btw, the path for favourites in custom widgets is simple, it's just: favourites://

3. By the pictures you can see, there is no titles for any addon/favourite, in either widget view, witch is strange. Can you see that? A way to search for titles in the path given to the widget? Otherwise take that big white space for titles/infos out of the custom widgets, it's probably easier. Wink

4. Other thing, on my computer i only have some favourites for testing, some dont have an icon (on my Rpi2 they all have icons and looks good), but is it possible to add an "no icon" icon (The one named 'DefaultAddonNone.png') for the items on widgets? Otherwise they look invisible.
1. I agree a little confusing - its just the default heading text of the keyboard that kodi gives it. I know a trick/hack to fix this so I will implement it when I have a chance

2. Ah excellent, completely forgot it just had that path. Based on this info, I've implemented a built-in favourites widget so that you don't have to use up one of the custom widgets on it. On latest git.

3 & 4. Should be fixed now on git.

You are the man! Thanks again for helping, listening and put you time in this skin! Smile

I've only noticed this now (sorry), but the favourites on widgets dont open. :/ It's a bit strange, but i've tried favourites with your new implemented widgetand on a custom widget, and nothing happens after trying to open a favourite from the widget.

Log of pressing enter on a favourite (the link is a path inside a cloud addon for example): http://pastebin.com/VU23Xcxi
Yep just realized this myself - I think this was the original reason why couldn't have a favourites widget and I forgot.
I looked how Amber skin does it, and Pecinko uses a a script called favourites made by `Black from exposed Smile

If you want to use it, the script is on the official repos (Helper add-ons section) on version 6.0.1. Smile

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=114671
https://github.com/ronie/script.favourites
I know about script favourites. Thats for a different thing though. I use it in eminence to set a favourite as a menu item. Amber would use it to set one of the custom items in a widget - it wont automatically fill a list. So it would still be dependant on me creating a widget with individually customisable items which is a bit of work. Since im using skinshortcuts, it actually provides a much more flexible and easier way to do this - however I still have to actually implement the underlying framework for it.
EDIT: Actually, looking at amber I see how it uses script.favourites for the old way of filling widget properties which I'm using for the next aired script anyway so I might be able to rip the code from Amber without too much hassle..
Okay that wasn't too hard. Favourites widget should be working properly now on latest git.

@calhaus can you test an let me know how it goes? Seems to be working fine on my end now.
I switched to this skin last week and think it's really great.

I have two feature requests, both relating to the OSD.

1) when paused, would it be possible to get weather and the time that a video will finish placed next to the clock?
2) progress bar when select button is pressed to bring up the osd controls.

I don't always want to pause to see where I am in a movie! If the clock/timer/weather could be added to that screen also I wouldn't complain.

Thank you for your work on this skin. It's next level.
Pressing info whilst a video is playing will show progress and finish time
(2015-03-21, 18:41)Feralwolf Wrote: [ -> ]Bug Report: When "Group movies in sets" is enabled and you go into a set from your movies list, and press backspace - movies are no longer grouped in sets.

I'm not sure if this is a Kodi or Skin bug. I'm on Kodi 14.2
Definitely Kodi bug Wink

Does anyone know if this is working on 14.1? I jumped from 14.0 and may revert back until it's fixed.

Thank you Jurial for all your hard work!
(2015-03-23, 02:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Okay that wasn't too hard. Favourites widget should be working properly now on latest git.

@calhaus can you test an let me know how it goes? Seems to be working fine on my end now.

Is there any way to use a Super Favorites folder as a widget?
(2015-03-23, 02:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Okay that wasn't too hard. Favourites widget should be working properly now on latest git.

Working fine! Big Grin Thanks.

(2015-03-23, 20:01)nlash Wrote: [ -> ]

Is there any way to use a Super Favorites folder as a widget?

Yes, open super favourites ang go to the path/folder you want to show as a widget, bring the options menu (normaly with the left arrow key), and select the option "Set custom widget path", chode the custom widget you want and after enable it in the skin settings Wink
(I think this is only on the github version^)

EDIT: And thanks for talking about super favourites, i didn't knew about it, now i can make a folder with normal favourites and other with addons and add them to the custom widgets. The only thing is the widget will show rectangular icons, but that is not important.
And now i can have everything i've used in Amber (plus more) in this really awesome/pretty skin! Smile

------------------------------------------------
@jurialmunkey can you add an option to show the time/seeking bar of an episode/movie on the OSD, when the video is not paused?

That time/seeking bar shows when you pause it but not when the video is still playing.
Normaly i use my tv remote with cec, and i can bring the menu, but i cant press for example the "i" key to show the time, so it would be nice an option to show the time without pausing the video.
Press up from osd controls will show info, seekbar etc
I'd just like to thank the author of this wonderful skin, it truly is a masterpiece in the making.

I'd like to offer some feedback if I may:

(1) can we have an option to completely eliminate the home screen "Content Loading" graphic? To me, it makes the skin look like it's not working properly, just let it show whatever is cached and have the next load quietly in the background without any visible on screen fuss.

(2) can we have more extended script info widget options, examples such as top rentals, now showing in cinema etc? This new script really makes Kodi feel "Live" and is a fabulous addition.

(3) on the library, can we have an option not to begin at the ".." folder navigation and just completely hide it, thus starting at the first movie/tv show within the chosen library?

Also, a question on custom widgets. I now understand from several pages back how to use a custom widget. Can anyone offer an example (screenshot) of how they use custom widgets? The only Aeon MQ5 feature I miss is the "System Info" widget which would immediately show me connected IP address etc etc. How would I add this as s custom widget?

Again, thank you mutual under for such hard work in creating my favourite ever skin.

As a side note, is Weather broken in Kodi? Mine seems very sporadic so have it disabled entirely.
(2015-03-21, 18:41)Feralwolf Wrote: [ -> ]Bug Report: When "Group movies in sets" is enabled and you go into a set from your movies list, and press backspace - movies are no longer grouped in sets.

Definitely Kodi bug Wink

Issue persists on 14.1+. Had to revert back to 14.0.

(2015-03-24, 02:13)oHUTCHYo Wrote: [ -> ](3) on the library, can we have an option not to begin at the ".." folder navigation and just completely hide it, thus starting at the first movie/tv show within the chosen library?

Settings -> Appearances -> Disable show parent folder.
(2015-03-24, 02:13)oHUTCHYo Wrote: [ -> ]I'd just like to thank the author of this wonderful skin, it truly is a masterpiece in the making.

I'd like to offer some feedback if I may:

(1) can we have an option to completely eliminate the home screen "Content Loading" graphic? To me, it makes the skin look like it's not working properly, just let it show whatever is cached and have the next load quietly in the background without any visible on screen fuss.

(2) can we have more extended script info widget options, examples such as top rentals, now showing in cinema etc? This new script really makes Kodi feel "Live" and is a fabulous addition.

(3) on the library, can we have an option not to begin at the ".." folder navigation and just completely hide it, thus starting at the first movie/tv show within the chosen library?

(4) Also, a question on custom widgets. I now understand from several pages back how to use a custom widget. Can anyone offer an example (screenshot) of how they use custom widgets? The only Aeon MQ5 feature I miss is the "System Info" widget which would immediately show me connected IP address etc etc. How would I add this as s custom widget?

Again, thank you mutual under for such hard work in creating my favourite ever skin.

(5) As a side note, is Weather broken in Kodi? Mine seems very sporadic so have it disabled entirely.
1. Some widgets can take quite a while to load, and to me it looks like it is broken if I just show an empty widget with no content and no indicator that it is loading. This is something you will have to mod yourself if you want it as there are already too many options for home/widgets in skin settings

2. I've added the additional themoviedb extendedinfo ones -- previously themoviedb ones didnt have working fanart, but it appears to be working now. The rotten tomatoes (e.g. top rentals) ones dont have fanart so they aren't useful as default widget options.

3. Actual content of lists is not controlled by me - its filled by kodi. Settings > Appearance > File Lists > Show parent folder items

4. No system info widget. You can see system info in Settings > System Info. I use custom widgets to display content from streaming addons like youtube.

5. Weather works fine for me.
(2015-03-24, 03:22)Feralwolf Wrote: [ -> ]

Definitely Kodi bug Wink
Issue persists on 14.1+. Had to revert back to 14.0.

Yeah its a known bug, pretty sure its being worked on.
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15746
More of a question than a request:

All the views have 2 rows of plot, I'm assuming you did this to be able to read without any trouble. For example if you would have 3 or 4 rows it would be harder to read. Is that why you did 2 rows only and then scroll?

What file controls the number of rows that are shown in plot and what is the mod you have to do to show more rows?

Thanks