Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-03-26, 16:01)hacky4real Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jurialmunkey, thanks for making this skin minimal and fluid. However there some lag issues in some part of the UI especially on lower powered devices such as Intel atom CPUs.
1) could you improve the cache of thumbnails and other elements in the skin
2) if possible could you introduce an option to control the UI animations. Eg More animations, Less animations, No animations
Thanks
1. I dont control this, kodi does. The only option I have is to use the background loader for large images, which I do for all thumbs/fanart. Are there any views etc that are particularly laggy? Any pattern to actions that cause lag?
2. This is a massive job, and I dont think it will improve performance a whole lot as the animations I use are fairly minimal anyway. I someone submits a PR to git with the work done then I will consider it, but I really dont have the time or desire to do this myself.

(2015-03-26, 21:56)starkun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! sorry for my bad lang Angel
Can you make support of plexbmc? i mean widgets for each category in plex and funarts.
Sorry, I don't use plexbmc so I dont know what is involved and have no way to test.

(2015-03-27, 00:57)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the new update!

However, I hoped the blue box bug (loading animation) would be gone - it isn't.
So I thought I bring this up Wink

I have never seen this before. What system are you running? What exactly happens, does it just show as a frame of the animation or is there no animation at all? Have you tried changing the animation in Skin Settings > Extras > Busy loader animation?

Very strange Huh
(2015-03-27, 01:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]I have never seen this before. What system are you running? What exactly happens, does it just show as a frame of the animation or is there no animation at all?

I've had this same bug, updating to the latest git fixed it though, I'm on an 8.1 machine and there is the animation but it is off centre and the whole box is blue
(2015-03-25, 11:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-25, 04:04)calhaus Wrote: [ -> ]Can you add two more custom widgets but with square boxes? (For example, the two Custom widgets show rectangular itens witch are great for movies and tv shows, but for addons or super favourites, square items would be better...)
I've got a plan to add a couple of custom widgets that will use skinshortcuts for customisation - so will allow for them to be pretty much customised how ever you want -- they will use square items due to the nature of them, basically will be like extra favourites widgets.

That is great!

Btw, I've set up super favourites for now, but actually is not working with zephyr Confused It's super strange.
Inside super favourites the items/addons work fine, now i've setup a super favourites folder has a custom widget but it's not working correctly.
When i open an item from super widgets on that custom widget, the addon page that was supposed to show up flashes super fast and it goes straight to 'Videos' page.

Other thing, related to the number of items in the widgets. Can we have more? Smile
For example, the album widgets, we can only see 7 items but there actually 10 items there, which is great.
It would be cool to have more items for favourites also. I for once, have more than 7 favourites, it would be nice to have more items, hidden or not.
Same thing goes for example for ongoing tv shows, we have 10 showing, but we could have 3 or 4 more hidden items not showing (so most recent ongoing tv shows are not pulled out).
(2015-03-27, 01:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

I have never seen this before. What system are you running? What exactly happens, does it just show as a frame of the animation or is there no animation at all? Have you tried changing the animation in Skin Settings > Extras > Busy loader animation?

Very strange Huh

(2015-03-27, 03:27)kevlinmannen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-27, 01:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]I have never seen this before. What system are you running? What exactly happens, does it just show as a frame of the animation or is there no animation at all?

I've had this same bug, updating to the latest git fixed it though, I'm on an 8.1 machine and there is the animation but it is off centre and the whole box is blue

The animation loads on every menu button change where there is a widget loading, typically up to one half or a full second. I use the dark theme so I get a black background behind the spinner and the "Content Loading" text. All seems normal to me, however it is an annoying distraction and leaves the impression that the skin is lagging. It may be important feedback on low powered devices, but perhaps a timer delay before activating the pre-load animation for a minimum of one or one and a half seconds would be more appropriate for all.

I'm running Helix 14.2-RC1 in Windows 8.1 64 bit on a Quad Core2 HTPC with 8G RAM + 2G Video RAM, so nothing over the top either.
@ jurialmunkey

I have the Hub's setup for Movies and TV Shows. There is a small issue (omission) in the Customize Main Menu options list. The ability to edit the Submenu items on the Home Screen Buttons is missing since the Hub Items option is replacing the Submenu option for Hub Mode. Perhaps you could simply insert the Hub Items option instead of replacing the Submenu option. Also, would be great to see the Hub option for Music come along soon!

Separately, for Streaming Video - TV Shows, the Episode Name and Number is missing on both OSD and Info panels in Zephyr but is present in Eminence.

+ I'm so impressed with your vision for Zephyr as I was with Arctic and Eminence originally, but I haven't been back to Eminence once since you introduced and I noticed the release of this beautiful and slick skin.

Peace brother
(2015-03-27, 01:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

Very strange Huh

The screenshot is from my windows 8.1 with isengard alpha 1.
But thats not my main system, my rPi2 with 14.2 openELEC also has this happening.

I think the animation is running, it's quiet hard to see. Havent changed the busy loader, wasn't even aware I could Wink
On my Cubox I have the same blue loading image... seems its a Transparency issue of the loading image....
This is a really great skin, thank you. I love how easy it is to customize the home menu.

I can't read 67 pages of replies, but has there been a discussion about a progress indicator on the OSD without having to pause/RWD/FF to see the time?
@Prizm4, you can press the enter key to bring up the OSD while a video or music is playing. The OSD will display a progress bar that stretches across the width of the screen. Is that what you're looking for?
Why display the cover of the series for the season?
http://imgur.com/a/LUnNK#0

Can I increase or decrease the transparency of the background? (fanart)
Is it possible to add the 'highlight first letter' in the big icon view? It is convinient when browsing rapidly...
Artic is now on all my setup! Fantastic skin! Thanks for your work and good taste!
Cheers
@jurialmunkey,

on the Now / Next popup guide, can you change the current show to the top and have what's next below. currently the current show is at the bottom where you can't see what's next but you can see everything that was on before. (I don't really see the purpose of seeing what was on previously oppose to the shows coming next.)
(2015-03-27, 20:12)Flest Wrote: [ -> ]Why display the cover of the series for the season?

Can I increase or decrease the transparency of the background? (fanart)

Not everyone recognize shows by name but the image of the series cover could give a reminder of what the show is.
(2015-03-27, 20:12)Flest Wrote: [ -> ]Why display the cover of the series for the season?

May be missing in the Configuration settings for the Addon, but sometimes it's just because the Season Poster isn't available

1.) Check the Configuration Settings for the Artwork Downloader Addon, inside the TV Shows menu option. Make sure the option for Season Posters is checked off.
2.) From the Advanced option item in the Configuration menu (you will need to scroll down the menu list to see it) and select the Overwrite All Existing Artwork option which will force a reset/download of of all of your Posters, Fanart etc.(This will take a while to complete depending on the size of your library)
3.) Another option is to manually go into the Context menu on each Season Folder and Choose Artwork - Poster and select the correct season poster or through the TV Show Information panel and choose Artwork Downloader, however I have noticed that this does not always work - there maybe a bug as the Choose Artwork selection doesn't always stick for some reason.

Don't forget to Save/Ok all of the sections you make Smile
@ jurialmunkey

There's a bug in the Add Artwork option from Context - Choose Artwork. The Keyboard dialogue opens rather than a Folder/Artwork Traversing dialogue.