Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This isn't really related to this skin but I was just wondering, after all work has been done to this do you think there's a possibility on you resurrecting the skin, Cycle? By the way, thanks for adding the ability to disable the fanart, the skin runs fantastic on my system.
(2015-02-08, 19:33)pseudoheld Wrote: [ -> ]Image

+1 for this, loved this homescreen, or something similar as I love the new menu at the bottom of the screen. It was very easy to play the next episode in any series I am watching. Never been a fan of widgets on the home screen and choosing "none" doesn't switch them off, had to do that in the xml, but no biggie. I must say visually the skin is stunning, especially the dark theme and I look forward to the updates in the coming months.
(2015-02-08, 11:13)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to figure this out but can't. How would I make a custom widget simply to point a folder to show random landscapes on the homescreen or should I wait until you add the background options?

i haven't tried this yet myself... but could possibly use this:
Code:
SlideShow(dir [,recursive, [not]random])
or this:
Code:
RecursiveSlideShow(dir)

more info here -- http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions
Hi jurial, running this skin through its paces - looks great, from what I can see. Unfortunately, I can't access my media from the main menu. Live TV works, addons browser, and weather click through just fine, but no response when trying to access movies, tv, or music. Any ideas? I've reinstalled skinshortcuts and reloaded the skin as you've suggested previously.

Thanks in advance.
(2015-02-08, 08:12)drsynister Wrote: [ -> ]Was a huge fan of mkii, glad to see this. I tested it out and an extraordinarily impressed with what I saw.
A quick question, any chance to see a view similar to this one from mkii?
Something like a short list with poster and plot? Or a longer list with plot included somehow?
I'm not sure about a "low" list as such. However, I am working on a "media info" type view that shows poster, fanart/thumb and plot with a list.

(2015-02-08, 11:13)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to figure this out but can't. How would I make a custom widget simply to point a folder to show random landscapes on the homescreen or should I wait until you add the background options?
You couldn't before. In the latest git you can set a folder for a slideshow to use instead of the default widget - so it will show a slideshow if there is no specific widget selected for that category. There will be options to set backgrounds for individual categories - just haven't got to it yet.

(2015-02-08, 14:40)TjaLfE Wrote: [ -> ]How do you plan to design the PVROSDCHANNELS?
They are not showing as of now.
Yep, not done yet. It will be a full height list on the side of the screen similar to how it was in mk.ii

(2015-02-08, 15:46)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial, you know what I'm looking for. Smile I'm sure you just haven't gotten around to it but please don't forget "Next Scheduled Recording"
Done Wink

(2015-02-08, 16:17)iAMl3dgend Wrote: [ -> ]Hey jurialmunkey a small request can you make the finish time visible when on pause?
I was debating with myself over this for quite a while when I was initially coding the seekbar. I decided that because the finish time changes when paused, then it wasn't necessary because if you are interested in the finish time you can just press info whilst playing to see it - plus it would go where it says "paused" and there needs to be some indicator that the video is paused. I don't want to put it anywhere else because I'm trying to keep things clean and simple and avoid over cluttering.

(2015-02-08, 16:36)Voodoo411 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Are you gonna add logo/clearart to some of the views like the Arctic mkII? I'd love to see them.
Most likely.

(2015-02-08, 16:49)bakito Wrote: [ -> ]Just tested it and it is wonderful!! Nice job and thank you!
Cheers
Thanks Smile

(2015-02-08, 17:05)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey -- my requests is probably close to mark2112. will there be an option like in Eminence to show your own artwork on the homescreen?
or like mark2112 is saying, would that be a widget option at this point?
Latest git you can set a global slideshow (instead of having a default global widget). Options for individual backgrounds for each menu item is coming.

(2015-02-08, 18:24)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: [ -> ](1) Would prefere it if the widgets chanche with the Focused Cathegorys (insted of have to push up to choose)

(2) Miss some Views from Arctic, specialy the one with Fanart on the left side with text underneath and Posters on the right (Pict in skinstaging Tread) But as you said, more views will come. :thumb:

(3) Im not a huge fan of the Thumbnail view (especialy the unfocus Borders) i think i knew why u did go that way, but may it would look better if you would show only a panel underneath the Poster/Cover and chance its color + show border around the Poster if on Focus.

(4) No Idea Why, but i have to set the "visible" for the "settings" Main menu item once to true (Instead of stringcompare Master User) in scriptshortcuts.xml to see the item. once i've done it, i was abel to chanche it back and it still worked.
1. You already can in home customisation. You just need to choose "Set Widget" from the middle options.
2. Yes more views will come... Wink
3. I decided that I'm not having any panels in any views as a design choice. The thumbs view is more of a "utility" type view that is designed to work with every sort of content - there is always going to be a tradeoff between utility and aesthetics
4. Yeah I'm not sure either. Skin Shortcuts is some serious voodoo - I just skin the parts I need to, set the default menu items and let it do the rest. Best ask in skin shortcuts thread as I don't think its anything I'm doing.

(2015-02-08, 18:37)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial (or anyone who knows) is there a way to change the Big Icon view, instead of seeing the last item to the left of the arrow, can that be changed to not show the continuing row?
It can but its complicated. The code is in View_53_Poster.xml
I will have a poster view eventually with the focused item centered and not a wrapping list.

(2015-02-08, 19:32)furii Wrote: [ -> ]just going to throw a few things out for your to-do list:
  • takes a second for the widget to change when switching sections. would be nice if this was instantaneous. not sure if this was a conscious decision, oversight, or limitation of library.data.provider.
  • setting widget to none doesn't seem to work. i set it to none for the program section and it continues to show the movie spotlight.
  • i'm sure it's on the agenda but it would be nice if the regular list view was available in files. it would be nice to see more than 5 items at at time.
  • settings is missing from the customization section. i noticed a blank item in my submenu so i did a reset and now all those options are MIA Smile not that i mind because i was debating about deleting them anyway but others might not feel the same way.
  • unwatched option is a little counterintuitive. i think it would make more sense to title it hide watched.
  • scrollbars should be hidden if there's nothing to scroll.
  • top left corner of the movie/tv info page is blank. i believe this should be fanart? it shows the episode thumbnail for episode info.
1. Not really possible when using library.data.provider - its a trade off made for greater customisation options and much much cleaner code.
2. Yeah thats the "default" widget which can be changed by pressing up again. Latest git has an option to use a slideshow instead.
3. Strange. All that stuff is handled by script.skinshortcuts - I just skin the dialog, set the default menu items and widget selections. You would have to ask in the skin shortcuts thread.
4. Will fix unwatched.
5. Will fix scrollbars
6. Works on my end. Yep should be fanart. From the sounds of it, there is something wrong with your artwork database not caching or storing items correctly or something. I just use ListItem.Art(fanart) so not sure exactly what is going on there.

(2015-02-08, 19:33)pseudoheld Wrote: [ -> ]holy smokes.
first of all thanks a lot. i really like the clean cut look (not rounded corners)

i know this is alpha alpha but here is some feedback anyhow.
(1) I really would like to see the old panel view from homescreen implemented. i always loved that arctics homescreen was very functional. you can see the recently added episodes/movies with one look without have to scroll through them. so that would be great Wink maybe have the fanart switch between the episodes/movies but have all the recents show up like in arctic mk2

(2) also watched states are not showing up next to episodes/movies but im sure you are aware of that.
1. Yep, a home screen view that shows multiple posters is planned.
2. Do you mean in views other than the list ones? Poster type views dont have watched indicators yet, but the lists should.

(2015-02-08, 19:59)bzzt Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing skin dude!

It would be nice to be able to add custom playlists as menu-items on the mainscreen. I usually have different playlists for my kids Smile
You already can in the home customisation screen. You just need to go up to the spin control arrow next to the "Common" items you can select from in the right pane and change the category to "Playlists".

(2015-02-08, 21:05)radicalonions Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't really related to this skin but I was just wondering, after all work has been done to this do you think there's a possibility on you resurrecting the skin, Cycle? By the way, thanks for adding the ability to disable the fanart, the skin runs fantastic on my system.
Maybe, but its unlikely. I think about that skin a lot, but I just don't have the time for a third skin realistically. I would like to finish it but its very unlikely.

(2015-02-08, 21:06)SmithersJ0nes Wrote: [ -> ]+1 for this, loved this homescreen, or something similar as I love the new menu at the bottom of the screen. It was very easy to play the next episode in any series I am watching. Never been a fan of widgets on the home screen and choosing "none" doesn't switch them off, had to do that in the xml, but no biggie. I must say visually the skin is stunning, especially the dark theme and I look forward to the updates in the coming months.
See previous comment re homescreen.
You can now set a slideshow as the "default" widget when no widget is selected for the menu item.
Yeah I'm really happy with the dark theme - almost tempted to make it the default, but sort of makes the idea of being "Arctic" irrelevant Wink

(2015-02-08, 23:53)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]

i haven't tried this yet myself... but could possibly use this:
Code:
SlideShow(dir [,recursive, [not]random])
or this:
Code:
RecursiveSlideShow(dir)

more info here -- http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions
That only launches a slideshow as a command, its not a path. Can set a global default slideshow in latest git. Per menu item slideshows will have to wait a little bit.
(2015-02-09, 00:43)deletedpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi jurial, running this skin through its paces - looks great, from what I can see. Unfortunately, I can't access my media from the main menu. Live TV works, addons browser, and weather click through just fine, but no response when trying to access movies, tv, or music. Any ideas? I've reinstalled skinshortcuts and reloaded the skin as you've suggested previously.

Thanks in advance.

Really strange. I'm not super familiar with skinshortcuts so I'm just finding my way around it myself. Its unlikely to be something on my end as all I really do is skin the customisation dialog and set the default menu items (which work fine for me).

When you go to the home customisation screen and select the category that doesn't work and click "Custom Action" from the middle list what does it say the path is?
For movies it should be:
Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)

You could try cleaning out the skinshortcuts addon data folder and then resetting the menu
On linux/openelec Its in ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/
Wow, they should change your user status to "Skinning god"!

There is a small detail that makes the front page a bit awkward: menus with submenus have an arrow pointing down, but you press down and the submenu pops up. When you press the up key the menu hides (goes down). Wouldn't it be better the other way around? I mean, that the down arrow key hides the menu and the up arrow key shows the popup submenu?

Awesome work, congrats!
This looks awesome! Love the letterbox style. But whats the 'i' in the top right?

(2015-02-09, 01:34)lonjemoco Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, they should change your user status to "Skinning god"!

There is a small detail that makes the front page a bit awkward: menus with submenus have an arrow pointing down, but you press down and the submenu pops up. When you press the up key the menu hides (goes down). Wouldn't it be better the other way around? I mean, that the down arrow key hides the menu and the up arrow key shows the popup submenu?

Awesome work, congrats!
Hahaha thanks Big Grin Tongue

I thought about this myself. It makes the most sense to me the way it is (I tried both ways multiple times). I do plan to add an option to invert the movement though.

(2015-02-09, 01:43)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]This looks awesome! Love the letterbox style. But whats the 'i' in the top right?
That looks awesome with that wallpaper. Just pushed a fix to git for the "i" thing. I accidentally left out a visibility condition for the Next Scheduled recording dialog.
First of amazing work. One small bug i have found is that it cuts short video/audio codec info.

(2015-02-09, 01:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-09, 00:43)deletedpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi jurial, running this skin through its paces - looks great, from what I can see. Unfortunately, I can't access my media from the main menu. Live TV works, addons browser, and weather click through just fine, but no response when trying to access movies, tv, or music. Any ideas? I've reinstalled skinshortcuts and reloaded the skin as you've suggested previously.

Thanks in advance.

Really strange. I'm not super familiar with skinshortcuts so I'm just finding my way around it myself. Its unlikely to be something on my end as all I really do is skin the customisation dialog and set the default menu items (which work fine for me).

When you go to the home customisation screen and select the category that doesn't work and click "Custom Action" from the middle list what does it say the path is?
For movies it should be:
Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)

You could try cleaning out the skinshortcuts addon data folder and then resetting the menu
On linux/openelec Its in ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/

Interesting, and thanks for the heads up. The default value (on my system anyway) is $VAR[MoviesButtonOnClick]. Hopefully that means something to you because I have no idea what that means. Smile

But, yes, changing that value fixed the issue. I'm now off to reset the menu in the userdata folder to see if that cleans things up a bit. Thanks mate!
@jurial: seems you're right with regards to the fanart on the info page. not sure why it would work in the library view but i refreshed the art on one entry and it showed up. i've got a rescrape going now.
(2015-02-09, 03:21)deletedpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, and thanks for the heads up. The default value (on my system anyway) is $VAR[MoviesButtonOnClick]. Hopefully that means something to you because I have no idea what that means. Smile

But, yes, changing that value fixed the issue. I'm now off to reset the menu in the userdata folder to see if that cleans things up a bit. Thanks mate!
From a quick google search, that VAR is from Titan. I think what skinshortcuts tries to do is share menus between skins, but Titan is using it incorrectly and setting the paths to variables that are included within Titan. So when the menu is shared, you get Titan's main menu which references variables that don't exist.

I just added an option on latest git to reset all skin shortcuts to default values - its in Skin Settings > Home > Reset home menu shortcuts
(2015-02-09, 04:04)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-09, 03:21)deletedpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, and thanks for the heads up. The default value (on my system anyway) is $VAR[MoviesButtonOnClick]. Hopefully that means something to you because I have no idea what that means. Smile

From a quick google search, that VAR is from Titan. I think what skinshortcuts tries to do is share menus between skins, but Titan is using it incorrectly and setting the paths to variables that are included within Titan. So when the menu is shared, you get Titan's main menu which references variables that don't exist.

I just added an option on latest git to reset all skin shortcuts to default values - its in Skin Settings > Home > Reset home menu shortcuts

Ah gotcha. Yeah, I test drove that skin awhile back. Wasn't for me. I archived the script.skinshortcuts folder in my userdata folder and repopulated it. Everything is working now - thanks!
(2015-02-09, 04:04)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

regarding what i saw earlier i'm wondering if maybe i had some leftover skinshortcuts from somewhere else. i used the new reset option and the shortcuts that appeared on my settings menu were the same as when i hit the reset button before. what i saw when i first loaded the skin was that pressing down would give me a list of the different settings pages. appearance, skin, video, system, addons, etc. residual shortcuts from some other skin could also explain why i had some blank submenu entries.

speaking of the submenu. it might be nice if it resized if you had fewer than 5 options. i currently have 3 and 4 in a couple and the blank space looks a little out of place.

cheers for the quick turn-around on everything. reminds me of the days when mkii was first getting off the ground Smile