Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any way to have a program add-on as a widget, i'm using Steam launcher and i'd lke to have its shorcut on "Others" menu.
(2015-04-11, 18:23)Abu-Dun Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of getting more information in the episode screen (I'm using "View: Extra Info)? I would like to see the director and the writer of the episode, both available from TheTVDB.com (example). Guest stars would be nice to know, too!

It could be placed above the plot overview (and the plot overview a little bit to the bottom):

Since the view is called "Extra Info" it would be really great if more information is displayed.

/edit
Director and writer would also be useful to see for movies ("View: Big Icons").
Director is available via 'cast' button.
(2015-04-11, 16:24)hacky4real Wrote: [ -> ]Could you maintain the black weather widget background in the home screen because its hard to see the current weather conditions' icon on the white background
Can you try with latest git and let me know what you think? Changed the small icons to accommodate flipping the colours, so should solve readability.

(2015-04-11, 21:15)Flubber Wrote: [ -> ]Any way to have a program add-on as a widget, i'm using Steam launcher and i'd lke to have its shorcut on "Others" menu.
If you can find out what the kodi library path is then you can add it as a custom widget.
Otherwise you can use the favourites widget and add things to your favourites -- the top 7 items will show in the widget.

(2015-04-12, 00:38)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-11, 18:23)Abu-Dun Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of getting more information in the episode screen (I'm using "View: Extra Info)? I would like to see the director and the writer of the episode, both available from TheTVDB.com (example). Guest stars would be nice to know, too!

It could be placed above the plot overview (and the plot overview a little bit to the bottom):
Since the view is called "Extra Info" it would be really great if more information is displayed.

/edit
Director and writer would also be useful to see for movies ("View: Big Icons").
Director is available via 'cast' button.

Yeah there is a reason the info dialog exists... Not keen on trying to cram every single possible piece of info on the main view - just press info if you want to see that stuff. You don't even need to click the cast button in the info dialog to see cast, you can just press right Wink
Is there anyway I can set a deafult view across all items instead of having to set a view for each library item?
(2015-04-06, 03:10)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]"C" for context Wink

The menu pressing left/right is the view menu, not the context menu (semantics I know, but an important point nonetheless)...

Back again Im using the keymapper addon but cant find any "view menu" shortcut. Is it called something else in default skin? do you know how I can remap it?
(2015-04-12, 06:30)bluc Wrote: [ -> ]
The menu pressing left/right is the view menu, not the context menu (semantics I know, but an important point nonetheless)...
Back again Im using the keymapper addon but cant find any "view menu" shortcut. Is it called something else in default skin? do you know how I can remap it?

You cant remap it as its not a built-in action like the context menu is. Rather it is a control created within the skin - so navigation to it is controlled within the skin. Not sure if you can set a custom action in the keymap addon, but as I standardised the control id to 9000 the way you would call it is by using the SetFocus command.
Code:
SetFocus(9000)
(2015-04-12, 06:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-12, 06:30)bluc Wrote: [ -> ]

You cant remap it as its not a built-in action like the context menu is. Rather it is a control created within the skin - so navigation to it is controlled within the skin. Not sure if you can set a custom action in the keymap addon, but as I standardised the control id to 9000 the way you would call it is by using the SetFocus command.
Code:
SetFocus(9000)

Added the following to my keymaps file in userdata (using openelec on raspberry pi by the way)
Code:
<keyboard><key id="61526">SetFocus(9000)</key>

anybody else that wants to use this your key id would be different, I installed the keymapper addon in kodi program addons then chose the key I wanted in my case "v" for view. I then went into the keymapper addon chose a random command and set it to v key on my keyboard which then gave me the id "61526". I then exited out of the keymapper addon and discarged the changes I then went into the userdata folder/keymaps/gen.xml file and edited in the line in the code box. You could just copy my code and change the "61526: to your keycode. hope that makes sense cheers.
1)The icons and text are visible now, but the black in my opinion was better. If you could make it optional eg. Like the ability to use dark theme OSD will be nice
2) Could you push the "please wait" to middle. Its very close to the busy loader animation. Make the text bold as well.
3) Will there be highlight colour options? I tried the mod version and red was nice with the white theme.
Couple of other random things my sub menu is not where it should be. I have a sub menu on power and when its activated it sits in middle of screen(I may have done this when edited fonts and text box's but not sure) and the other thing I just spent all afternoon setting up the view is there anyway to lock the skin so the view cant be changed?

Edit. Also now when I select an item to play it brings up an additional info panel anyway to disable it its very slow to load on the raspberry pi and would prefer it just to start playing...
Hey all!

I know this is might not be Arctic: Zephir related question, but I'd really appreciate if someone could direct me to where to read for a way to add my favourite movies, episodes and songs here: http://take.ms/tQYq7

I've tried adding some movies and episodes into Favourites and Library, but I could not find them on the "homepage" of Kodi...

Thank you!
Hi there,

wonderful skin, this is the one I'm going for and started to customize what I want to get im my Main Menu, but have a minor problem:

I added a new main menu item and added a submenu for this, and when pushing the down button it correctly displays that, but I would love to also display it when pushing Enter on it.

Is that possible?

Thanks,

MisterMaggi
(2015-04-06, 02:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-06, 02:22)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Can you share with us how we can make the plot 4 rows instead of 2 and still scroll if necessary?
All you need to do is change the height of the textbox (there's only one) down the bottom of View_53_Poster.xml
You can reload the skin to test your changes by pressing S to bring up the shutdown menu and choosing ReloadSkin at the bottom.

Changing the value to 124 works well. thanks
Another thing... when adding custom home screen shortcuts with live tv I used to be able to add the sub menus recorded tv channels etc. Now all I see is a live tv shortcut in "common" section any ideas.
(2015-04-13, 00:42)bluc Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing... when adding custom home screen shortcuts with live tv I used to be able to add the sub menus recorded tv channels etc. Now all I see is a live tv shortcut in "common" section any ideas.

Choose Shortcut > Live TV > They should be here Wink
(2015-04-12, 18:54)mistermaggi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

wonderful skin, this is the one I'm going for and started to customize what I want to get im my Main Menu, but have a minor problem:

I added a new main menu item and added a submenu for this, and when pushing the down button it correctly displays that, but I would love to also display it when pushing Enter on it.

Is that possible?

Thanks,

MisterMaggi

Read FAQ