Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-04-29, 02:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-28, 19:23)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]Why is not possible ?
Because I haven't included an option within the skin.... Its possible if you edit the skin yourself, but its not something I'm going to add.

What is the file(s) to modify to change this ?
(2015-04-29, 02:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, once it is close to release (i.e. once there is an Isengard RC) I will begin work on it.

Thanks for your great work.
A widget for YouTube would be great. For example, a widget that shows the latest videos from channels you're subscribed to.
(2015-04-29, 03:51)Phoenix101 Wrote: [ -> ]Amaazzziiiinnngg skin my friend and liking the ability to add a video on start up just having a go with Sam fishers no4 now - bit delayed but nice!! I'm still new to this ofcourse but the video delays a little on loading AND is there a way to view the menu vertically?
Yeah, its not perfect unfortunately. It really is just there until something like that becomes a core feature (hopefully!).
Vertical home menu is planned, but will be quite a while off still I'm afraid (very busy atm).

(2015-04-29, 21:00)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]What is the file(s) to modify to change this ?
In Includes_Furniture.xml the flags are in the Furniture_Flags include.

(2015-04-30, 01:49)mkvelidadon Wrote: [ -> ]A widget for YouTube would be great. For example, a widget that shows the latest videos from channels you're subscribed to.
You can add any video path as a custom widget by opening up that particular place then opening the side menu and selecting "Set custom widget path". Then add that custom widget to your home screen via the usual method.
So for instance, you can open youtube, go into Popular Right Now and then press left to open the side menu and set that as a custom widget. Then add that to your home menu and you will have a widget showing popular youtube vids.
(2015-04-30, 03:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-29, 03:51)Phoenix101 Wrote: [ -> ]Amaazzziiiinnngg skin my friend and liking the ability to add a video on start up just having a go with Sam fishers no4 now - bit delayed but nice!! I'm still new to this ofcourse but the video delays a little on loading AND is there a way to view the menu vertically?
Yeah, its not perfect unfortunately. It really is just there until something like that becomes a core feature (hopefully!).
Vertical home menu is planned, but will be quite a while off still I'm afraid (very busy atm).

(2015-04-29, 21:00)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]What is the file(s) to modify to change this ?

(2015-04-30, 01:49)mkvelidadon Wrote: [ -> ]A widget for YouTube would be great. For example, a widget that shows the latest videos from channels you're subscribed to.
You can add any video path as a custom widget by opening up that particular place then opening the side menu and selecting "Set custom widget path". Then add that custom widget to your home screen via the usual method.
So for instance, you can open youtube, go into Popular Right Now and then press left to open the side menu and set that as a custom widget. Then add that to your home menu and you will have a widget showing popular youtube vids.

Sounds great mate, just a thought from something I posted in my own thread regarding iptv:- Do you think it would be possible to have two different Live Tv/iptv clients tuning and could be skintegrated so that the services were available on the 'home' page? One could run a simple client and the other an alternative say the stalker or another etc But the skins would show a customisable shortcut to a specific iptv client? What are your thoughts?
(2015-04-30, 03:52)Phoenix101 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds great mate, just a thought from something I posted in my own thread regarding iptv:- Do you think it would be possible to have two different Live Tv/iptv clients tuning and could be skintegrated so that the services were available on the 'home' page? One could run a simple client and the other an alternative say the stalker or another etc But the skins would show a customisable shortcut to a specific iptv client? What are your thoughts?

Don't think this is possible from the skin side of things - it has to be done in backend or core code. If it was done there then it wouldn't be too hard to have specific shortcuts because they can all be edited to have whatever custom path would be needed.
(2015-04-30, 03:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Vertical home menu is planned, but will be quite a while off still I'm afraid (very busy atm).

Yowza! Nod

Can you give me an example for VideoCodec ?

This not working (not display) :

Code:
<control type="image">
                <width>161</width>
                <height>109</height>
                <centertop>50%</centertop>
                <texture colordiffuse="Dark1">$INFO[ListItem.VideoCodec,flags/sources/,.png]</texture>
                <aspectratio align="left">scale</aspectratio>
                <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.VideoCodec)</visible>
            </control>

In media/flags/sources I have all my .png for video codec.
(2015-04-29, 21:00)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-29, 02:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-28, 19:23)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]Why is not possible ?
Because I haven't included an option within the skin.... Its possible if you edit the skin yourself, but its not something I'm going to add.

Jurialmunkey, do you really think Guilouz has the skill to modify the skin, just to change your text media flags? There’s more to this, than just modifying a few lines of XML code.

I had a particular application I wrote and my users insisted I change the required fields background to yellow, which identifies which fields are required at a glance. I hated it, it looked bad, but I did it anyway.

Because you don’t like the esthetics, doesn’t mean other folks agree with you. Angry

I like the skin and use it, but as other folks have mentioned, I think the text media flags look bad.

Get off your high horse and replace the text media flags with graphic icons.
Awesome skin. Thank you. Big Grin
(2015-04-30, 13:42)214b1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-29, 21:00)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-29, 02:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Because I haven't included an option within the skin.... Its possible if you edit the skin yourself, but its not something I'm going to add.

Jurialmunkey, do you really think Guilouz has the skill to modify the skin, just to change your text media flags? There’s more to this, than just modifying a few lines of XML code.

I had a particular application I wrote and my users insisted I change the required fields background to yellow, which identifies which fields are required at a glance. I hated it, it looked bad, but I did it anyway.

Because you don’t like the esthetics, doesn’t mean other folks agree with you. Angry

I like the skin and use it, but as other folks have mentioned, I think the text media flags look bad.

the entitlement people have on this forum never ceases to amaze me. it's people like you that drive talented skinners like jurial and hitcher away. if it's so important to you do it yourself.
Asking for a new feature here: It would be really awesome if you could add movies or series to the trakt.tv watchlist from within the extendinfo dialog using the contextual menu. It should be possible, I'm just not skilled enough to implement it.
(2015-04-30, 17:20)furii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-30, 13:42)214b1 Wrote: [ -> ]

the entitlement people have on this forum never ceases to amaze me. it's people like you that drive talented skinners like jurial and hitcher away. if it's so important to you do it yourself.

Give me a break, drive skinners away? I'm not the only one that has criticized the text media flags. If I didn't like skin, I wouldn't use, nor would I be critical of it. In regards to modifying the skin myself, no thanks.
It's OK, I found the problem. It's working Smile
(2015-04-30, 19:35)214b1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-30, 17:20)furii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-30, 13:42)214b1 Wrote: [ -> ]Jurialmunkey, do you really think Guilouz has the skill to modify the skin, just to change your text media flags? There’s more to this, than just modifying a few lines of XML code.

Give me a break, drive skinners away? I'm not the only one that has criticized the text media flags. If I didn't like skin, I wouldn't use, nor would I be critical of it. In regards to modifying the skin myself, no thanks.

yeah, not going to cut you any slack. your "get off your high horse" comment makes you look like a petulant child. just because you use the skin doesn't give you the right to demand he make a change. as for driving skinners away all you have to do is look here but i'll quote you the relevant text: "Personally, it is highly unlikely I will create another publicly available skin for Kodi as I find this forum exhausting. I will continue to improve, fix bugs and maintain my two skins on the repo - but that's me done for creating new works. I've felt like this for quite a while, I just don't want to see this happen for other skinners." so while you may feel like comments like yours do nothing but add to the discussion the fact of the matter is that skinners don't necessarily feel the same way. certainly your delivery could use work at the very least.