Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've attempted trying a larger mod by myself by editing the epg into a mini epg;

loosely based on this mockup;

Haven't spend time on the details but it's possible, not to bad if you ask me Smile
This took me 2 hours, I'm afraid the skin I had planned for myself will take years this way Tongue
(2015-05-28, 02:16)Woppie Wrote: [ -> ]I've attempted trying a larger mod by myself by editing the epg into a mini epg;

loosely based on this mockup;

Haven't spend time on the details but it's possible, not to bad if you ask me Smile
This took me 2 hours, I'm afraid the skin I had planned for myself will take years this way Tongue

I like the idea. I had actually seen that mockup before and thought about coding it for an existing skin.

It looks like the video has a overlay (faded), wouldn't it look better if the mini EPG works like the OSD and doesn't fade the video?

Edit: Which file did you edit for this mod, MyPVRGuide.xml or PVRChannelsOSD.xml?

Thanks,
I've started out with MyPVRGuide.xml but it should be PVRChannelsOSD.xml in the end in order to work correctly.
And yeah it shouldn't fade like this but it's one of those parts I haven't put time into yet, I just wanted to see if I could get all the gui elements at the right place which I could as seen on the pic.
If you like I can share my edits later this weekend, I haven't much time now or tomorrow.
I really love the skin! I use it on all my instalments. I have one question though. Is it possible to disable the movie rotation on the main screen and set it to a static background?
Read faq
Awesome skin! Any plans to implement a wall view like in arctic mkii (the one that showed a 7x2 poster grid edge to edge)?
Just turn off extra info for the current wall view from the side menu and you will get full width wall view.
(2015-05-29, 23:13)Woppie Wrote: [ -> ]I've started out with MyPVRGuide.xml but it should be PVRChannelsOSD.xml in the end in order to work correctly.
And yeah it shouldn't fade like this but it's one of those parts I haven't put time into yet, I just wanted to see if I could get all the gui elements at the right place which I could as seen on the pic.
If you like I can share my edits later this weekend, I haven't much time now or tomorrow.

Thanks, if you could share them that would be nice. I'll try and code my own version at some point.
What does "Show reflections" setting?
Like a mirrored reflection of the poster underneath the poster, like adding some depth..
Ahhh... I see. Thanx Smile
I use the Google Music plugin to view my albums, but the view list shows only two options (thumbnail and list).

I'm trying to get this view to work with it, but can't figure it out:

Anyone point me in the direction to which files I'd need to edit?

Much thanks in advance.
first: great skin - I love it and I am using it for my new media center.

two question so far:
1. Can I change the home screen? Deactivating background picture (or just upload an image file with one color like the menu color)?
And can I here deactivate widget?

2. Can the middle part have more space, so the plot is bigger? Perhaps deactivating the header?

Only questions Wink
Yes you can... goto KODI Settings -> Skin Settings -> Home
Select "Customise home menu" on the right
Select the main menu element on the left, and choose "Select Background" on the right
Navigate to your desired Picture

No, not without changing the code.
For some reason, I can't add custom widgets from plugins. When I choose custom widget 1, it says set label and nothing else. I've tried inputting the command where it says to set label, but that doesn't work either. 14.2

Edit: Fixed it. Had a hanging space.