Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has somebody try this:

<advancedsettings>
<forced3d9ex>false</forced3d9ex>
<allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex>
</advancedsettings>

But it's off-topic. Skin is great. Me and the whole familiy thanks for this
(2015-02-09, 22:49)allard1992 Wrote: [ -> ]Has somebody try this:

<advancedsettings>
</advancedsettings>

What would that command do?

I'm willing to add and try it if I know what results I'm looking for.
(2015-02-09, 22:51)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]

<advancedsettings>
</advancedsettings>

Windows only: XBMC/Kodi attempts to detect drivers released for a version earlier than Vista, to avoid using advanced features which are often not emulated correctly. The detection may be incorrect and this setting allows forcing the using of D3D9Ex.

Applies only to Windows Vista and up. Values: true/false. Allows XBMC/Kodi to use Direct3D 9Ex, which is a bit more stable and robust than Direct3D 9.
Default:
<allowd3d9ex>true</allowd3d9ex>
(2015-02-09, 22:55)FREAKJAM Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-09, 22:51)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]

<advancedsettings>
</advancedsettings>

Windows only: XBMC/Kodi attempts to detect drivers released for a version earlier than Vista, to avoid using advanced features which are often not emulated correctly. The detection may be incorrect and this setting allows forcing the using of D3D9Ex.

Applies only to Windows Vista and up. Values: true/false. Allows XBMC/Kodi to use Direct3D 9Ex, which is a bit more stable and robust than Direct3D 9.
Default:
<allowd3d9ex>true</allowd3d9ex>

Thanks for the explaination FREAKJAM
(2015-02-09, 09:45)blubserl Wrote: [ -> ]i tried your skin last evening and as posted previously really like the looks of it...

however: i also noticed, that as opposed to eminence the used fontsizes in general are a bit too small for a 10 foot ui. Blush
but on a computerscreen it looks stunning...

maybe an option for increased font sizes?
Thanks. I know the font sizes are a little on the small size. However, I can read fine on my 40" tv from the couch. There will be a larger font option eventually though - I need to finish all the missing dialogs etc first.

(2015-02-09, 20:39)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-09, 10:04)deletedpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Would love to see the homizio font from Eminence be included as well.
SourceSansPro for me Blush
As much as I like those fonts, I'm not going to provide multi font options because differences in line spacing etc. make it a nightmare having to check that all the font types are working for every single screen and adjust them ever so slightly.

(2015-02-09, 12:17)Eoghlear Wrote: [ -> ]Installed the skin on my new raspberry pi2.
I am really impressed on how smooth it is.
Hope you can keep it working this well.

Noticed that the cec submenu is nog working/not properly visible. Did not experience this on other submenu's.
Yeah peripherals dialog is not skinned yet.

(2015-02-09, 13:22)allard1992 Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed it on my HTPC. I use Kodi 14.1 on a SSD. Overall this skin is very smooth but sometimes it stutters in all my librarys. But most of the time it's great. Love this skin. Thanks
Glad you like it. Performance will likely increase when it goes to the repo and the textures get compressed.

(2015-02-09, 14:33)Elky Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey just checked the latest git version and it has fix the labels, thx.
Excellent! Big Grin
Hey jurial, on the EPG, you've got the genre in bold in the description box. Are you planning on putting the title of the selected program in there? Especially on channels like ABC 3/4 the title doesn't fit in the epg box itself, so it's difficult to see what's on.
Really nice, amazing skin.
PD: There's any way that you can support the rating pluing?
Thanks.
EXTENDED INFO SUPPORT
Skin now supports the extendedinfo script (replaces metadata actors)
Press right from a cast member in video info dialog to launch.
Also can use Trending Movies / Shows as a widget (clicking the show will launch extended info)

(2015-02-10, 02:43)deletedpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey jurial, on the EPG, you've got the genre in bold in the description box. Are you planning on putting the title of the selected program in there? Especially on channels like ABC 3/4 the title doesn't fit in the epg box itself, so it's difficult to see what's on.
Good point. Fixed.

(2015-02-10, 03:38)jamesdm Wrote: [ -> ]Really nice, amazing skin.
Thanks.
Huh I'm not sure what you are asking?
That was quick! Extended info looks awesome! Very tidy. Do you plan on making the movie info dark (for the dark theme) or will you leave it as is? Either way it looks great.
(2015-02-10, 03:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]EXTENDED INFO SUPPORT
Skin now supports the extendedinfo script (replaces metadata actors)
Press right from a cast member in video info dialog to launch.
Also can use Trending Movies / Shows as a widget (clicking the show will launch extended info)

(2015-02-10, 02:43)deletedpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey jurial, on the EPG, you've got the genre in bold in the description box. Are you planning on putting the title of the selected program in there? Especially on channels like ABC 3/4 the title doesn't fit in the epg box itself, so it's difficult to see what's on.
Good point. Fixed.

(2015-02-10, 03:38)jamesdm Wrote: [ -> ]Really nice, amazing skin.
Thanks.
Huh I'm not sure what you are asking?

Sorry jurialmunkey iam refering to the http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=167754 IMDB UPDATE
TESTER NEEDED!!!! Peripherals Dialogs

Hi, can someone test latest git and have a look at peripherals dialogs (I think Rpi users can access this?)

It would be great if you can take some screenshots of them so I can double check they look ok. I don't have an peripheral devices so I can't test myself.
Jurial, is it possible to have the top header only show temporarily? Maybe give the options for it to hide itself after so many seconds?
(2015-02-10, 06:20)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial, is it possible to have the top header only show temporarily? Maybe give the options for it to hide itself after so many seconds?
Do you mean on the home screen or everywhere? And on what basis would it show/hide?
Got a similar request to Mark II regarding TV Show season posters when using the "I" Info screen when playing. At the moment it is showing the default show poster no matter what season you are watching, any way of making this show the season poster? I realise the code is totally different and may not be possible:

Original issueMK II

SmithersJ0nes Wrote: Hi, I know you made the relevant changes to the code ($INFO[Player.Folderpath]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Season,../season,-poster.jpg]</texture>) but I'm still seeing the default TV show poster when using "I" or pausing the video, no matter what season I'm watching, any suggestions?

Sorry, managed to fix it, all my images are named in the following convention "season01-poster.jpg" seems the code was looking for "season1-poster.jpg". To save me having to rename all my images I added a "0" to the texture path. Thanks again for sorting it.

Thanks for your time.
(2015-02-10, 09:07)SmithersJ0nes Wrote: [ -> ]Got a similar request to Mark II regarding TV Show season posters when using the "I" Info screen when playing. At the moment it is showing the default show poster no matter what season you are watching, any way of making this show the season poster? I realise the code is totally different and may not be possible:

Original issueMK II

SmithersJ0nes Wrote: Hi, I know you made the relevant changes to the code ($INFO[Player.Folderpath]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Season,../season,-poster.jpg]</texture>) but I'm still seeing the default TV show poster when using "I" or pausing the video, no matter what season I'm watching, any suggestions?

Sorry, managed to fix it, all my images are named in the following convention "season01-poster.jpg" seems the code was looking for "season1-poster.jpg". To save me having to rename all my images I added a "0" to the texture path. Thanks again for sorting it.

Thanks for your time.

Until things like this are accessible from the library database it wont be in the skin. I don't want to use hacks that reference local files because it just makes for more issues than its worth.