Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gotham -> Kodi now TV Shows acting very strange! - RESOLVED - ISH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I've just updated / migrated to Kodi 14.1 from Gotham 13.2 and I am seeing strange issues now with TV Shows. I have a MYSQL database running on a Windows File Server. The update created the new Kodi databases on the MYSQL server.

My Kodi clients are mainly OpenElec (Linux) but I also have Kodi installed on an iMAC and on my Windows 7 laptop.

I am seeing TV Show titles dropping out of the library one minute they are in the library and then later I notice they are missing. If I reload these problem TV Show titles they are then scanned back in to the library.

Also I have episodes missing from various TV Shows in the library mode.

I am also having problems playing certain episodes of a few TV Shows, I thought the video files may have become corrupted? But I can play them all perfectly fine in VLC on the Windows 7 laptop. Yet Kodi doesn't play them.

Debug Log File: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=413462

I tried to play this file in Kodi on the OpenElec PC

smb://WHS/TV/VIDEOS/24/Season 1/24 - S01E01 - 12-00 a.m.-1-00 a.m..avi

In the log file its saying Permission Denied but I can browse to this location in Kodi - Videos - Files with no problems. I haven't changed anything on the server back-end and all the sources and credentials are the same as they were for Gotham.

I can play this very same 24 S01E01 .avi file from my Windows 7 PC with VLC perfectly fine.

In fact I can even open Kodi on the Windows 7 PC and play this same file OK in Kodi. But on the OpenElec PC it won't play.

Please could an expert look at my log file.

Thank you.
Maybe some permissions on the WHS 2011 server have got messed up some how?

The username account for all the Kodi clients, seems to be missing on that particular .avi file and some of the others, however the Kodi user account is still listed on the permissions of all its parent folders.

Which might explain why I can browse to this location in Kodi OK but then cannot play the file.

My Windows 7 laptop uses my username and that account is still listed on the file permissions, so that's why it works in Kodi on the laptop.

In the WHS Server console for the Kodi user account I re-ran the wizard to apply the permissions to the TV shared folder, but its not corrected the permissions on the file(s) or added back in the Kodi user account.

There are strange unknown accounts listed instead on the problem video files.

To fix it - I selected the TV Show "24" folder in Windows Explorer and went in to the security permissions - advanced - change permissions - and selected replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object.

Now all the avi files have the Kodi user account listed again as modify and the video files are now playing OK again in Kodi on the OpenElec PC.

So that's fixed the permissions problem.

But I think I may have more than one problem? As some other TV Shows which I checked previously and all their file permissions were perfectly fine and not affected, some of these shows just disappeared out of the Kodi media library and I had to reload them back in again.

Will have to monitor it I guess.