Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi not connected to internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody, I really need you help.

I installed Kodi which is somthing so cool to have but I have one problem that deprive me from using it and I feel so sad about it Sad
I cant add sources, (manually) and when I do a strange Msg appears : " Could not retreive directory information. this could be due to the network not being connected."
I tried all the ways that could solve this problem, like uninstalling antivirus or disanbling it, disanbling fireware and this problem remains .. otherwise Im using it on my android phone .. you must know that Im in Morroco and Im using windows8 '64bit' .. Plz help
At one point windows would rear it's head on Kodi install and give you some requester about punching a hole through your firewall for Kodi. You should be able to see your IP In the information summary? Can you see the temperature in weather? (that needs access to the web). You're not using a proxy server? Check your settings>system>Internet access.. hit restore to default. If you don't have an Internet connection.

When you add a source manually.... you get to browse to the path, or letter/folder of the drive. Then you need to select the type of videos. (3 choices here) and the scraper and it's settings to use. At which point you will be asked if you want to scan or not.... if you did ask for the scan, and you have no network connection, then the task will fail and then look at the above paragraph to correct your network connection.

This looks suspiciously like a Win/7 issue; I suspect some sort of firewall or malware software in the O/S is preventing connection.
First of all I want to thank very much for the attention you showed to my request.

Im not using any proxy server,I tried to check out my IP adress on summary and yes I can see it. but I cant configure the weather because I found nothing when I went to weather settings and its the same thing for the whole Kodi options, like when I tired to install a zip source I went to Add Add-Ons its fully empty, no option could help me to get and install my zip file into Kodi I would love to send you screenshots but I dont have your email adress if you could give it to me if would help me more.
what do you mean by O/S ?
you seem someone on who I can count on so please remain that kind guy and help me to solve this.
thank you
O/S is the short name for 'operating system' and in your case that would be windows 8/64 bit. Considering you can see your IP internet address in setting information, I can conclude you have some connection. I'm not sure if the system is locking your out because of administrative privileges or some other issue on the install.

Considering you don't have a lot of effort invested in your library at this point. I suggest a fresh install (make sure you are logged in as administrator) then using the file explorer in windows, delete these two folders

1) C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi
2) C:\Users\Your User Name \AppData\Roaming\Kodi

A fresh install of Kodi 4.1 (downloaded from the links at the top of this page) should get you back up running. Then follow http://kodi.wiki/view/First_time_user to add videos.