Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: List of Built In ID's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm trying to understand how Kodi's skin system works.
I've been analyzing the DialogVideoInfo.xml file from Confluence and I can not find from where some IDs appear in XML code.
For example at line #157:
<visible>[!container.content(tvshows) + !container.content(episodes) + !container.content(musicvideos)] + ![Control.HasFocus(12) | Control.HasFocus(15)]</visible>

What is the meaning of the numbers 12 and 15 in Control.HasFocus(12) | Control.HasFocus (15) conditions.

or at line #860:
<autoscroll time="3000" delay="4000" repeat="5000">!Control.HasFocus(61) + Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>
the number 61 in Control.HasFocus(61) condition

I would like to know where are defined all these ID's?

Thank you for any help
Those ID's refer to controls elsewhere in the dialog (just use the find/search feature in your code editor and search for ID="number")

In your example from line 157 it says that control (the textbox) will only automatically scroll the plot if another control (ID 61) is not focused.

Most of the time these numbers are quite arbitrary, they just need to correspond with eachother. If you would change that number to 62 in all places for example it would likely still work.

Sometimes the ID needs to be a certain number for Kodi to know it's function though.
To expand on what Jeroen said, have a look here. This lists every window and their corresponding control IDs.
I think what manray is saying is that the control ids do not appear within the xml he is viewing. If this is the case they are likely via an <include> (provides code from another file). I'm guessing that 61 is the scroll bar for the plot which is probably an include as it would be a control common to many dialogs.