Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buffer not large enough for smooth play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been researching on this specific issue for many days now and haven't really found a correct answer anywhere yet.
I have a slow internet connection so when watching videos online i like to pause and let it buffer to a extent giving me a smoother experience on play back.
But when using a Add-on on Kodi 14 for watching TV shows , the buffer fills up pretty fast from 0 to 100% and the play back starts but within few minutes the buffer gets depleted and has to pause my stream to refill which doesn't take long but is still a huge nuisance.

Now I have tried everything in advanced XML settings and I do have sufficient ram to buffer. Basically I would somehow like to make Kodi keep buffering the stream when paused rather than stopping at 100%.

I use a windows laptop but have seen the same issue on my Android device as well.

My xml settings
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>314572800</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>40</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
Which add-on
Well its not really related to which add on and happens on
All addons.
Basically I just want to buffer to keep filling like how its done on YouTube website when I pause the video playback.
Is it possible?
ever considered it could be a issue with where the add-on get's it sources from ?
that's why i ask which add-ons.
perhaps those add-ons have a extra buffer option.
i got a slow laptop with a wifi connection only and it's able to stream youtube and stuff from my microserver.
I've ACTUALLY had this issue sporatically with YouTube and the iTunes Trailer addon. I'm honestly not sure of the cause. It seems sporatic and sometimes to only effect certian clips and will even go away later in the day. I've ruled out network congestion so I've largely assumed it's just the combination of my ISP and the source server not getting along.
(2015-02-05, 22:04)TRaSH Wrote: [ -> ]ever considered it could be a issue with where the add-on get's it sources from ?
that's why i ask which add-ons.
perhaps those add-ons have a extra buffer option.
i got a slow laptop with a wifi connection only and it's able to stream youtube and stuff from my microserver.
I was streaming a movie from 1channel (Don't know if I can mention such add ons over here)
Where do I find this extra buffer option ?
As you suspect, we can't help you with those add-ons. I can tell you that many of them use a somewhat broken method of pre-downloading the file itself, which doesn't use the normal Kodi playback cache at all.
Okay , Understood Ned Scott.
Thanks for the quick replies guys.
That's why I asked which add-ons,
And also said it could be a issue at the source.
For help for those add-ons look where you got it from.
If pre installed then nag your seller