Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange Video issue with Blu-ray movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using Kodi 14 on xmbcbuntu and have encountered an issue that I can not resolve and did not exist when running version 13.x. For some reason under 14.0 when watching the opening scene for Revenge Of the Sith on Blu-ray the video jumps and then freezes. This also happens with the movie Alien, other Blu-ray discs seem to have no issue. Embedded is a short video that demonstrates the issue along with OSD numbers. The issue occurs about 11 seconds into the video.

The machine I'm running has an i7 processor with 8GB or ram.

Following are the diagnostic attempts I have made.
1. Altered every video and playback setting I can find in expert mode (video sync, refresh rate, hardware acceleration, blank other displays, etc... None of which changed the noted behavior
2. Ripped the Blu-Ray to a SSD formatted to ext4 to ensure it wasn't an i/o issue.
3. Unplugged all my monitors accept the primary monitor.
4. Played an *.avi file version of the movie. This did fix the video issue but I don't want to have to rip blu-rays before I can watch them.
5. Tried different video cards. Geforce 210 and a Geforce GTX 750. Both cards work fine in xbmc 13.x and both video cards exhibit the exact same issue in 14.0

Thanks in advance!
Debug log (wiki)
Sorry, Following is the log file. http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/10084383/