Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: android touch question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, I want to say this is the best skin I've tried, great job.

I just can't open a menu using touch, check out the screenshot. I can open it by touching the edge of the screen but I'm unable to select anything in it, it closes when I release it. Also, the menu will open just one time, I have to go one step back then return to that screen to open it again. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Yeah, posted about that sometime ago in the main eminence thread. I'm guessing it's not a priority as jurial wants to get the skin fully functional on desktop/TV sets first. But this really hurts the touch interface, along with the inconsistency in scrolling - some places you can scroll directly on the list like on the main hubs whereas on others, like the subtitles list, you need to use the (very) thin scroll bar.

In the meantime try this: get back to the previous screen, return to the one you want, long press the right border and then you will have a fraction of a second to click again on the right place. If you can't do it, rinse and repeat. Don't forget to exit the screen and come back every time you try as it works one time only. You will eventually get the timing right.
Touch/mouse is not officially supported atm. I dont have any touch devices to test on.
Thank you for replies guys. Yeah, I'm using this skin on both, android and windows. On windows I can open it by pressing the right Arrow key, not a big deal since I rarely open that nenu ...and another issue with both, touch and mouse: in skin settings, the options from the left side column won't stay focused.