Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Update Library not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have a manual update problem.

I have Kodi 14.1 on a Fire TV, connected to a upnp share on a windows 7 pc. When I chose "update library" from the context menu nothing happens and the files added on the share do not show up on the file list in Kodi. I've enabled update at startup, and when I restart Kodi the changes in the file list *are* updated, it's just the manual update that doesn't work.

I've installed Watchdog, but it does nothing as well. I see on the log it can't find the upnp share.

I've recreating the problem as much as I could in debugging mode (manually updating with no changes) and this is the link to the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=415598

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Strange. The only source it checks is an invalid UPnP path, but it doesn't try to check any other path. There was a bug where sources would get "unset" and no longer be marked as a movie or TV show source (existing content stays in the library, though), so those locations stopped getting checked for new files. I thought that bug had been fixed in v14.1, but maybe not. In any case, go into Videos -> Files and check the "set content" or "change content" menu option on your file sources. Make sure they still have a scraper selected and are marked as either "TV shows" or movies".
Thanks for the help :-)

I don't have "set content" or "change content" menu options for the file source, just play, add to favorites, edit source, remove source and choose thumbnail.
Sorry, a noob question - could the source of the problem be that I have tv shows and movies at the same location?
Sorry, I think I misread your original question. It seems the only source you are using is UPnP from Windows 7. Kodi cannot use UPnP sources at this time for the library. You will need to use something else like SMB (wiki).
ok, I will look into it. Thanks!
Great, created a SMB share and everything works fine, including Watchdog. Thanks a million.