Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi-Powered FireTV Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Kodi & Co,

I finally made the jump, rooted my FireTV, followed the guide on the Wiki and get it completely done- which is good. Now remains the finishing touches. I've got a couple ideas, some more advanced than others. I'm sure other FireTV users could use this info as I'm stumped on some of it.

1. Intro Movie & advancedsettings.xml in Android. I'm pretty well versed in xml and the likes, but I'm totally confused on how the Android file system works. I followed the instructions on this post, however I don't know what to point to, to get it to play my video. Should I include it on my SMB share? Does it need to be in the skin folder? Where's the skin folder? Huh I do have ES File Explorer running and can connect via FTP.
    Code:
    <onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">XBMC.PlayMedia(special://skin/introMovie.mov)</onload>

2. Keybinds & The Harmony Remote. I'm using the Harmony Smart Hub /w basic Remote. I have all of my devices added, including the FireTV via Blutetooth and a Flirc in the FireTV to control Kodi. After setting up the XBMC profile in Flirc, Kodi worked pretty much out of the box. The final step is to get Kodi to reboot and return to the Home screen when the device is "turned on" (the FireTV never turns off). What can I do to send a keystroke to restart Kodi?

3. Hyperion/Ambilight on Android. I've been looking into the Lightberry, but it seems overly expensive. I stumbled upon the Ambilight/Boblight/Hyperion Kodi addon, but it doesn't really explain how it works. Is it possible to get it on the FireTV, or do I need an independent device (like the lightberry) to get it to work?

Thanks and feel free to ask any questions about my setup.

Amazon FireTV (Rooted) | Kodi 14.1 | 1080XF Skin | Netflix/Hulu/Vevo/Pandora/iHeartRadio/YouTube Android App Integrated
Hyperion/Ambilight on Android. I've been looking into the Lightberry, but it seems overly expensive. I stumbled upon the Ambilight/Boblight/Hyperion Kodi addon, but it doesn't really explain how it works. Is it possible to get it on the FireTV, or do I need an independent device (like the lightberry) to get it to work?

I've been working on this issue. There is very little out there for android ambilight. One guy has done it with boblight & adafruit/arduino.
Adalight using XMBC Android

I haven't got it working yet. His instructions on YouTube & GitHub are vague at best.

Hope this helps.