Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: blank home screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
installed latest version of kodi. Home page has only blue screen with the black stripe in the middle without any text, such as f.e.video, pictures, settings, etc. There is nothing.Everything is empty. I installed this version after I (mistakenly) totally uninstalled the previous version. Have windows 7. How to solve the problem? thank you
eeps... not sure what is up or what error has occurred. Hopefully you have a back-up, or exported your library to separate files. At this point it looks like you have a botched install, so in the spirit of getting you up and enjoying one of the best mulch-media programs in the world.. I'll point at a virgin install as if it was the first time.

I should note that C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata contains your user data if you should wish to save it. and that C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\ contains the log which might give a clue to what happened. As a cautionary note, I would mention whatever troubles you had may be still locked into these files.

Proper uninstall:

delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi
delete C:\Users\Your_User_Name_Here\AppData\Roaming\Kodi

Install Kodi 4.1 and be happy.