Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDMI tv resolution issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I got a new full HD TV that I have connected via HDMI to my PC. Kodi is mostly what got the TV for. HDMI resolution I set to 1080p@60hz via amd ccc.

In kodi resolutions I have two 1920x1080p options. One at the top and one 2nd to bottom above 1920x1080i

If I choose the first one the UI is fluid but the video playback does not look as sharp as in plexi Smart tv app. Also the TV identifies the output as 1920x1080@60hz.

If I selected the other one the video looks the same as in plexi but the UI gets slow and very annoying.

Do you guys know how can I get the best of both worlds? I really want to use kodi instead of plexi as it would be a pain to keep disconnecting and connecting the pc speakers.

System specs

I5 4670k
2x4gb ram
And r9 280x

Thanks a lot
Sounds like the 2nd is 24Hz od something. Did you enable "adjust display to match video"? In general you set desktop resolution to 60 or 50Hz and when starting a video have it automatically switch to 24/23.976.
(2015-02-06, 19:40)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like the 2nd is 24Hz od something. Did you enable "adjust display to match video"? In general you set desktop resolution to 60 or 50Hz and when starting a video have it automatically switch to 24/23.976.

That did the trick. Thanks a lot. Never had kodi connected to a big screen before so i don't know much about video quality optimization. Is there a guide to acheive best possible quality? Should "Sync playback to display" be turned on?
You can leave it off unless you get issues with the sound coming before or after the picture does