Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Inconsistent Aspect Ratio [Solved, kind of]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running Kodi 14.1 on Ubuntu 14.04, but I've also noticed this on the 14.0 version. I tried searching, but couldn't find anyone with this same issue.

When I'm running Kodi in windowed mode, the "Normal" video mode is respected, the video is 4:3 so there are bars on the sides (expected behavior). After switching to full screen, the video mode is still set to "Normal" but the picture is stretched to fill the screen.

Does pressing Z correct that?

What are your settings in Settings -> Video for handling 4:3 content?
I can cycle through the display modes with Z, but they appear different depending on if I am in windowed mode or in full screen mode. The actual video file is 630x480.

Well, I'm not sure what caused this issue, but it was something to do with the user settings. I dumped my user data folder, restored my settings via the backup app, and now my 4:3 videos are showing correctly. I appreciate the moral support though Piers!
It's really odd, I've never seen that but then I use Windows which has all sorts of its own issues.

I am really curious what caused that, though.