Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android box - Kodi/Sky Go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I need some advice on what hardware I should buy and I'm hoping that as usual the fountain of knowledge that is this site can help point me into the right direction.

Currently I have a windows server running my Kodi setup perfectly however I'm not happy with my Sky Go and Netflix solutions, although the latter is less of a worry and I can use my smart tv's native app. Regarding sky go my options are either the sky go addon on these forums or digging out a keyboard/mouse to watch it via the web. Although these are workable solutions they just do not offer me the slickness that I would like.

I've been doing a little reading and am considering relegating the server into another room and buying another box that suits my needs.

Considering I'm after a little more slickness I'm guessing my only option is via the use of apps. With this in mind considering the devices that sky go supports I guess I'm left with looking at an Android based device running 4.0 or above.

I don't mind spending a little bit of money to ensure that the box is powerful enough to cause me no issues but I do have they'll following requirements;

- 4k support
- DTS-HD support
- Logitech harmony support
- sky go support
- able to run Kodi without any stuttering/panning issues

Am I being to ambitious from a android box? Do I have any other options?

Regard,
Steve
Beelink and clones ?