Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 3D movie playback - intermittent issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I appear to be having an issue at the moment with watching 3D movies on Kodi- version 14. I'm running on an M8 Android based top-box with Kodi installed on top.

At first when selecting a 3d movie to play it appears fine and plays smoothly without any stuttering. Then after about 6 minutes and at different intervals following that the 3d turns off and back into the 2D SBS image format. This lasts for about 30 seconds and it pops back into 3D mode again. This can happen several times during the length of a movie and can be incredibly irritating.

I've tried playing about with different settings (renaming the 3D file names as per guidelines, turning hardware processing off in Kodi, changing Kodi's 3D settings, etc) but nothing appears to have quashed the issue.

The majority of the movies that I am playing are MP4 file format. The format of the TV is passive stereoscopic (non-powered glasses). I am conscious that the issue may be at the TVs end but I don't think I can rule Kodi out just yet. I've turned the overscan feature of the TV off but that doesn't appear to resolve the issue.

My apologies if someone has already posted a similar query, however I did a search the forums and couldn't find anything myself.

As you've probably guessed by my language I'm very new to this and would appreciate anyone's guidance.

Thanks in advance, Rick