Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: UPnP Watched status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sorry if this has been asked recently, I've looked at the Wiki and found no clear answer.

Does 14.x, or 15.x now have support for watched status updates in the library? I know this was briefly touched upon in an update some time last year but I haven't seen anything about it since. I've decided to re-do my installations and trakt is the only simple method of updating the watched status for each item. However, that takes a lot of time. Obviously MySQL is an option, but it's not the best option for me.

Example (I don't turn off any of my computers or servers): Watch something on machine A, go to machine B, check library, see S01E01 of xyz show is now marked as watched (after viewing on A and checking on B)

Thank you.
Only if you use A as upnp server and use B as upnp client browsing the upnp library of A.
This won't work with a regular library on B
(2015-02-09, 11:18)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Only if you use A as upnp server and use B as upnp client browsing the upnp library of A.
This won't work with a regular library on B

The media is spread over A, B, C, D, E and F computers. I use B (sitting room) as the main one and C, D and A as secondary. So would this work with using B as the server and the others (with Kodi) as clients?

I know a lot of work was put into this feature, it's just the Wiki is lacking updated information and I'd rather not go the SQL way, but will if required.

Cheers.
as long as you use once device that is always ON and all others use the browse upnp function then indeed watched status should be in sync.
Downsides:
* it's not the normal library so you always have to go to video->files->upnp->client B
* no profiles support. It will take the library/profile which is currently loaded on client B
* upnp discover sometimes takes some time before they show up

You can make a shortcut to it and place it on main menu.
Here's a video natethomas made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxNMECLx150 about using it
It works, but there is a bug where the watched/resume mark won't update on the client until the Kodi client is restarted.
Hmm, from both helpful answers it appears sql really is the way to go. UPnP support within Kodi has certainly improved since I last tried it, but the annoying part is using the file mode to view items rather than using the library.

Cheers for the reply Smile
(2015-02-09, 18:45)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, from both helpful answers it appears sql really is the way to go. UPnP support within Kodi has certainly improved since I last tried it, but the annoying part is using the file mode to view items rather than using the library.

Cheers for the reply Smile

Well it's not file view. You only need to get there through file view.
This is easily solved making a favourite of the main "server" and adding that as menu item.
Once you are in there all looks like a normal library
I just installed Kodi 15 (Alpha 1) on my Windows client. If I "hide watched", most of my library is removed from view! Same thing with Kodi 14.1 and 14.2 beta. Also, on the TV section, I always have to dig through the season folder to get to the episodes (even though I set the video library to "never" or if only one season.

One a plus note.... once I get to the episode I want, it plays perfectly.
Thanks for all of your hard work!
I do see the watched status on my B computer, and can successfully resume from where I left off on my A computer. My B computer doesn't update the watched status though. Nothing I watch via UPnP is reflected in the library, which is on my A computer.

A computer is Win7 Kodi 15.0
B computer is Amazon FireTV Stick running Kodi 15.0 and connected to the library on A via UPnP.

The folder containing the library contents on A has Read/Write permission for Everybody.

I haven't enabled 'Announce library updates', nor 'Look for remote UPnP players' as they don't really sound relevant

Any thoughts?
(2015-08-23, 19:35)Jackanory Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing I watch via UPnP is reflected in the library

Should I go ahead and report this as a bug then?
I use PlayOn to stream online content. I also use MyLibrary Script to pull items into the TV shows and Movie libraries. I would really love to figure out a way to enable the watched/unwatched for the Netflix shows and movies that I add. It gets hard to keep track of the kids tv shows episodes

Any one have any thoughts on how one would accomplish this?

MyLibrary Script basically creates STRM files which then get added to the kodi Movie and TV show library's and then Kodi Scapes the online databases and downloads details.
(2015-08-25, 17:00)Jackanory Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-23, 19:35)Jackanory Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing I watch via UPnP is reflected in the library

Should I go ahead and report this as a bug then?

Hi.
I'm facing this right now.
Did you get any news about that?
Thanks.
This is a known issue and one the devs seem to think I'd best handled by the plugins or not at all unfortunately
One can only guess that dev is recommending Trakt: https://torrentfreak.com/pirates-expose-...kt-141130/ ... not that I'm a pirate or anything, but no thanks!

I guess I'll resurrect my notion of using a shared library ... if only that would emerge from the 'experimental' designation.
Pages: 1 2 3