Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Constant Random Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, Where to begin? First off i'm a newbie. I've tried searching but I don't even know what I'm reading. Hopefully I can get some help in here before I go crazy. The Box I am using is the Tronsmart Orion R28, with 4.4.2 firmware

I had the box for a few months before I even knew it had XBMC on it, or what XBMC even was. I thought it just made your TV into a Smart TV.

I figured how to add sources, The videos started buffering and skipping a lot, says the cache is full but I could not clear the cache because whenever I would try to open the maintenance tool I'd get a script error. I tried uninstalling and re installing the maintenance tool multiple times. Sometimes its like it had a mind of its own, Video channels would appear without me adding them, same with program addons. Now I am always getting script errors. I tried a Fresh Start Wipe a few times hoping there was an addon causing the issue, but nothing.

I then found the " KODI "app in the Play Store. I installed the app and all the things and script errors that didn't work in the XBMC app, worked fine in the KODI app. Maintenance Tool actually opened and could clear the cache. But, whenever I would watch something, it would play fine, until i had to rewind or fast forward, the KODI app would instantly crash. Every time, it would say something like, "Unfortunately the app has stopped responding"

I really like these box's, and want to figure them out to get the most out of them. I'll take any tips I can get, I know these can do some pretty cool stuff. I need it explained to me in Dummy terms

I wanted to update the firmware too, its 4.4.2 right now and says its using the latest version, but it also said that about my samsung tab 2 a while back and I downloaded and updated the firmware manually. But I cant seem to find the any firmware, I cant even find it for my samsung s5 or tab 2 and tab 3 anymore.

Does anyone know where I can download the firmware? I was going to do a Factory Reset too, hoping that would fix all these issues. ( There tons more I just didn't list )

Please take the time to help a guy out!

Thank You!! ohh, I downloaded the XBMC Updater app and used that, but that didnt help.
Kodi isn't in the Google Play Store, not officially anyways. Whatever you downloaded that said "Kodi" probably was not from us.

We also don't support the "maintenance tool" that a lot of Android boxes have pre-installed. That doesn't come from us, and we actually strongly recommend that people void it. We also don't provide or support any pre-installed video add-ons, especially ones for pirate/bootleg video streams, and we can't help you with those add-ons per our forum rules (wiki). See also: http://kodi.wiki/view/Intro_FAQ#free_content

The only version of Kodi that we support is the official version of Kodi, and the download and install instructions for that are here: HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Android (wiki)
oh maybe thats not where I got it from then, I thought it was though. The XBMC that came install was a huge headache because it kept saying the cache was full and would just buffer. If you dont recommend the maintenance tool how to you stop it from buffering ever 20 seconds? The Kodi app I downloaded, everything worked great as far as addons aand no script errors, but the constant crashing made it impossible to use.

Im doing a factory reeset of my box now, hoping something I installed down the line is causing the trouble. Is there anything you would recommend for starting over?

Thanks for the reply
How do you stop it from buffering every 20 seconds? This is like asking how to make your oil warning light stop flashing in your car. It's an error message that means the video is too slow to playback smoothly. It is an indicator of a problem, and not the problem itself. Buffering happens because the video can't be played fast enough, and if your connection is fine, then that means the server connection on the other end is the issue.

As for what I recommend, again, HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Android (wiki)