Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Heroes Season 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running into an issue where Kodi automatically looks at my episodes for Heroes and see a particular one as Season 19 Episode 61. This is actually from Season 3 Episode 23 whose title is 1961. So it shows in Season 3 and as Season 19 how do I fix this?
I guess the quickest method would be to just remove the "1961". Kodi uses the season and episode number to pull the title, so it's not actually required in the file name.

Alternatively, you could override the regex using advancedsettings.xml (wiki) to replace the default matching pattern, scan the one episode in, and then remove the advancedsettings.xml file so that future files are not affected. In other words:

1. Quit Kodi if it is already open.

2. create a plain text file called "advancedsettings.xml" (make sure it is in plain text and the file extension is .txt and not something else) and cut/paste this text into it:

Code:
<tvshowmatching>
  <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[][ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>  <!-- foo.s01.e01, foo.s01_e01, S01E02 foo, S01 - E02 -->
  <regexp>[\._ -]()[Ee][Pp]_?([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>  <!-- foo.ep01, foo.EP_01 -->
  <regexp>([0-9]{4})[\.-]([0-9]{2})[\.-]([0-9]{2})</regexp>  <!-- foo.yyyy.mm.dd.* (byDate=true) -->
  <regexp>([0-9]{2})[\.-]([0-9]{2})[\.-]([0-9]{4})</regexp>  <!-- foo.mm.dd.yyyy.* (byDate=true) -->
  <regexp>[\\/\._ \[\(-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>  <!-- foo.1x09* or just /1x09* -->
  <regexp>[\/._ -]p(?:ar)?t[_. -]()([ivx]+)([._ -][^\/]*)$</regexp>  <!-- Part I, Pt.VI -->
</tvshowmatching>

3. Save this file to the userdata folder (wiki).

4. Open Kodi up and scan in that one episode. You can select the file directly and press "i" ("info" on some remotes) or select "information" from the context menu ("c" or "menu" on some remotes).

This should correctly load the episode.

5. Quit Kodi.

6. Delete the advancedsettings.xml file we created before.

7. Open Kodi back up and enjoy.
how have you named the file?

bog standard vanilla kodi 14.1 install and it scans in all 4 seasons for me no issue.

i have that particular episode named and stored as

TV/ Heroes/ Season 03/ Heroes - S03E23 - 1961 - 720p (bluray).mkv
@karandras24 mine is named TV Shows/Heroes/Season 3/323 - 1961
@ned Scott well I just ran a scan on the library and it didn't pick it up however if it does for whatever reason I will try your method.
(2015-02-14, 20:48)dashyw0n Wrote: [ -> ]@karandras24 mine is named TV Shows/Heroes/Season 3/323 - 1961
@ned Scott well I just ran a scan on the library and it didn't pick it up however if it does for whatever reason I will try your method.

are the other seasons and other shows named the same? there's nothing to tell it what the season or episode id is.

try naming it as mine are and i bet it'll pick them up no problem.
I have that episode as the following: D:\Heroes\Season 03\Heroes - 3x23 - 1961.mkv <- that works just fine.