Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EPG and charset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to to have an EPG which have at least all channel information for the next 7 days.
Did someone of you know how I could tell TVHeadend to do that?
Actually I have some channels where I could just see the next 2-3 hours.
I watch german tv (hd+ & sky). I don't want tot use commercial offers.

In addition to that I would like to now, which charset I have to set in TVHeadend for german language?
Actual my Network (Astra 19.2E) has set 'Charset' AUTO.

Thanks in advance.
Hi hegg,

1. EPG
a) XMLTV
You can try to use WebGrab+Plus to create your EPG xmltv-file and then import into tvheadend.

b) EIT
If you use OTA EPG (EIT DVB Grabber for german channels), you have 4-21 days of EPG (depends on the channel).
You can disable/delete all unused muxes in tvheadend for faster EPG scan.

If you want to disable or delete unused muxes do the following things in tvheadend:
Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> Networks -> select your network (e.g. 19.2E.. -> Edit -> uncheck "Network Discovery"
Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> Muxes -> select all unused muxes (see column "# channel", if its "0", you do not have a channel mapped from this mux, you can sort the list) -> delete or uncheck "enabled" for each unused mux.

If you want to add new channels again, enable "Network Discovery" wait a little bit for scanning, map your new channels.

2. charset
Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> Networks -> select your network (e.g. 19.2E.. -> Edit -> Character Set: ISO-8859-15

JJ
First of all, thanks!

a) Already tried xml_tv via cli. There a just a few channels, so I did not followed up this.
Is there the possibility to automate the xml_tv dump from WebGrab+Plus

b) Are theese settings for EIT correct?
http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150211/3z2cylk9.png
Thanks for the tip with the not needed muxes. I disabled them. Hoping EPG update will do faster now.
I did click Trigger EIT OTA Update.
Now I see a lot of those messages into syslog:

Feb 11 21:11:13 kodi tvheadend[1440]: mpegts: 11797.5H in Astra 19.2 - scan no data, failed
Feb 11 21:11:33 kodi tvheadend[1440]: subscription: 001B: mux data timeout for epggrab
Feb 11 21:11:33 kodi tvheadend[1440]: subscription: 001B: "epggrab" unsubscribing
Feb 11 21:11:34 kodi tvheadend[1440]: mpegts: 11464.25H in Astra 19.2 - tuning on STV090x Multistandard : DVB-S #0 (oben)
Feb 11 21:11:34 kodi tvheadend[1440]: subscription: 001C: "epggrab" subscribing to mux, weight: 4, adapter: "STV090x Multistandard : DVB-S #0 (oben)", network: "Astra 19.2", mux: "11464.25H", hostname: "<N/A>", username: "<N/A>", client: "<N/A>"

Thanks, will try if that works.