Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi quits unexpectadley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, newbie here. I have been using XBMC for over a year, I have a password on my account on the master user. When I click on the Kodi icon the main page it opens for about 4 seconds, then says kodi quit unexpectedly. It doesn't give me time to log out of the master user so I can log into another user. I tried uninstalling kodi, and re-installing but it keeps giving me the same error. My question how can I fix kodi, or how can I delete all files associated with kodi so I can start fresh?
I hope I am posting this in the right thread.
To make a fresh start-
1) From Finder pull down the Go menu and select Go To Folder.
2) Paste this into the text box and press Return:
Code:
~/Library/Application Support
3) Move the folder named Kodi to another location, as well as the folder named XBMC (if present). You can just put it on your desktop or something, but I think it's a good idea not to delete it until your sure you don't need anything from it.
4) Launch Kodi.app. It should launch with no customizations. All your addons, user settings and your library database will be reset when you move the Kodi folder.

Edit: If you want to just get rid of the master user account, you should be able to go to ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata and open the file profiles.xml. Highlight the contents of the file and paste this in place of it-
Code:
<profiles>
    <lastloaded>0</lastloaded>
    <useloginscreen>false</useloginscreen>
    <autologin>-1</autologin>
    <nextIdProfile>1</nextIdProfile>
    <profile>
        <id>0</id>
        <name>Master user</name>
        <directory pathversion="1">special://masterprofile/</directory>
        <thumbnail pathversion="1"></thumbnail>
        <hasdatabases>true</hasdatabases>
        <canwritedatabases>true</canwritedatabases>
        <hassources>true</hassources>
        <canwritesources>true</canwritesources>
        <lockaddonmanager>false</lockaddonmanager>
        <locksettings>0</locksettings>
        <lockfiles>false</lockfiles>
        <lockmusic>false</lockmusic>
        <lockvideo>false</lockvideo>
        <lockpictures>false</lockpictures>
        <lockprograms>false</lockprograms>
        <lockmode>0</lockmode>
        <lockcode></lockcode>
        <lastdate></lastdate>
    </profile>
</profiles>
This is the default with no profiles being used.
post the crashreporter log to pastebin.com and put the link in here.
Thanks for the prompt replies, I will try this out this weekend wgstarks, where do I find the crashreporter log Memphiz?
(2015-02-12, 17:24)g3vino Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the prompt replies, I will try this out this weekend wgstarks, where do I find the crashreporter log Memphiz?

Remember to create a backup copy before deleting or changing a file. Better to have a copy you don't need than to need a copy you don't have.

The CrashReport log should be at ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter
You can generate a current report by repeating the app crash. A crash report should popup on your desktop with a prompt asking if you want to report the problem to Apple. Just paste the contents of that window to pastebin and then post the link here.
Here is the crash report,hope this helps.

http://pastebin.com/tp9jz2E6
Go to a terminal and do

Code:
rm ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

And then leave your hands from PVR/Live-TV settings when you don't know what you are doing Wink (fact is that the pvr.njoy addon was activated without beeing properly configured i suppose - i don't think you activated this on purpose ...).