Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Forum and Wiki speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tested from the UK (server/residential), France (OVH), Austria (server/residential) and Germany (Hetzner) - both forum.kodi.tv and kodi.wiki are taking well over 600ms to load. A simple post or reply either times out or takes a second or so (mostly times out, UK testing only).

Is there a specific reason for this as it hasn't been the case up until a week or so ago.

Edit: I should add the tests have been a mixture of site loads and pings with logins from the only UK.
I have no idea what you are experiencing. I consistently get pages created in less than 0.1 seconds.
Could you add the times and traceroutes when you are experiencing this as it doesn't happen when i am online.

I typically spend a few hours per day on the forum, and whenever it is slow I try to fix that.

EDIT: right, I just noticed it recently started happening during my nights.

I'll have to look what is causing this.
our night are daytime in USA and it's also the time traffic to the website increases. see GA stats
yes, but as you can see from the graph I posted the issue did not happen on the two most busy days (last weekend).
In other words, it does not seem to be traffic related.

It just explains why I didn't see it.
From all the trace routes, the problem happens somewhere on the cogent hops (not surprised). I'll post full trace routes from all sources when I notice it again - it appears to be fine at time of posting.