Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stacking problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody,
I've a strange problem with certains anime , in fact with theses files:
[HorribleSubs] Sora no Method - 01 [720p].mkv
[HorribleSubs] Sora no Method - 02 [720p].mkv
[HorribleSubs] Sora no Method - 03 [720p].mkv

I'm just accessing them in file mode.
The problem is I only see 1 file as the three of them are stacked.
I 'm able to choose witch part I want to watch but I failed to understand this behavior.
I've several others anime files who are named with the same convention but I don't have this problem with them.
If someone more knowledgeable than me could explain, I would realy appreciate.

I am wondering if theses files are not interpretated like a command.
Like sort on Linux.
Do you think it is possible ?

Apology for my bad english as it is not my native language Blush

PS: I'm currently on openelec 5.02 but this behavior was there on openelec 4 too
There's a Kodi video option for combining split files - do you have that selected? It may be that it's interpreting the three files as three parts of a single video and so combining them when you don't want it to.

On my system (Pi running Amber skin) it's under Kodi>videos>file list in the settings menu, but for you it may be under something different (but similar) depending on which skin you're running.
Thanks DarrenHill,
Yeah I know this option and I use it for certains films, but normaly you have to add specific text at the end of the files (like part1.mkv and part2.mkv) to trigger this behaviour.
So far it's still a mystery.
It's a known bug, IIRC. I think it was recently fixed, but I think only in the latest nightly builds and not in v14. I'll try to find a link with more info.
Hmm, or I'm confusing it with something else. In any case, I have actually seen this myself, now that I think about it. It was probably with the exact same show and exact same file names, too, but I forgot about it because I had become bored with the show and deleted it. I'll see if I can reproduce it again.
(2015-02-12, 09:46)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, or I'm confusing it with something else. In any case, I have actually seen this myself, now that I think about it. It was probably with the exact same show and exact same file names, too, but I forgot about it because I had become bored with the show and deleted it. I'll see if I can reproduce it again.

Thanks a lot for your time on this problem, I know it's not life threatening but I want to understand Huh
Any news reguarding this problem ?
It looks to me like Kodi thinks the 01, 02, 03 are part1, part2, part3. So rename those three shows to more natural Episode type naming as follows:

[HorribleSubs] Sora no Method - e01 [720p].mkv
[HorribleSubs] Sora no Method - e02 [720p].mkv
[HorribleSubs] Sora no Method - e03 [720p].mkv

It is also a good idea to go to the website of the scraper you are using. Compare how it has the shows listed for the ones that work and the ones that don't work. Often a few tweaks to how you name your files helps Kodi to work smoother.
I understand what you said but the trouble is I don't scrape them as I access those files in file mode only ... so I don't see why I have to rename them as I just ask Kodi to play them (without doing fancy stuff like scraping or anything else).
Then turn stacking off
Did you try renaming them to see if the merging action stopped? It would at least of partially answered your question as to why it is happening.

If you are only working in File Mode, then you should go back to DarrenHill's answer and turn off the File Stacking feature that is used to combine split files. Sounds to me like that is what is likely to be causing your issue.

Toggle it here as a test: Settings -> Videos -> File lists -> Combined split video items

Read more about it here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/File_stacking
I can confirm this bug.Those file names shouldn't match any of the patterns for stacking.
(2015-02-22, 18:41)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Then turn stacking off

It was one of the first thing I have tried and as expected it get rid of the stacking problem BUT I need this function for others files in my library so turning it off is out of question.
As Ned Scott said theses files with their current name shouldn't behave like this.
So I think its worth investigating.
News about it:
if you remove the letter "d" of method ( like this: [HorribleSubs] Sora no Metho - 01 [720p] ) for each files it doesn't stack anymore (weird isn't it ?).
If you replace the letter "d" by another letter it didn't stack , it really has to be the word "method".
It's as if the word is interpreted as a command of some sort.
This is very odd. It shouldn't be matching a pattern, if I understand regex at all (which I might not..).
Pages: 1 2