Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Spreading series over different sources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Please see my setup for series . (Imgur attachment does not work any more it seems...)
The episodes are spread between both sources like for example

Local: AbcS01E01
SMB: AbcS01E02

By this I get the series displayed doubled in the view. Like this Click me!
I've searched in the forum and it was stated that have a differnt name between the folder could help but it did not for me.
Any ideas?
Is that a 'File' view rather than a 'Library' view?

File view will show it twice, because...well, there's two of 'em.

Library views should just show it once. It's not best practice, but in theory you could name your folder for 'Red Dwarf' as 'Blibble Blobble' in one place and 'Flibble Flobble' in another. As long as you then identified both these folders as Red Dwarf either by file-naming conventions, or manual scraping, Kodi will merge the contents into the Library views for TV Shows.

I wouldn't recommend naming your folders like this though!

Best to name your folder the same in each source to make it easy for Kodi's scraper...something like 'Red Dwarf (1988)' is usually a good bet.
The folder names of each series is the same on remote as on local. Also the file names have the same pattern like Friends.S01.E01.avi
The view is called ActiveateWindow(videos,TVShowTitles,return) So I think it is a library view isn't it?
Also I now recognized after rename of the main folder to Series2 on the remote drive the content of the entries is the same. So Friends 237 Episodes and again Friends 237 Episodes. Somehow the merge works but not fully....
Do you think it is a skin issue?
What version of XBMC/Kodi are you using?
I'm using latest Gotham on Windows 7
How odd, I've not tried doing this since Eden and it wasn't successful. Following thread.
What skin are you using as I don't recognise those views as library views from anything I've used...

Also, I'm following this thread as I have been planning on doing exactly this for a while, mostly due to space issues. I have a hard drive fast filling up with current shows, and another drive (with more room on it) houses finished stuff, like Blackadder, Only Fools and so on.

I'd been thinking about moving some finished seasons of continuing shows to this drive.

I'll experiment with this over the weekend and let you know how I get on.
It is with all default views (I'm using BannerView) and the same with other skins. (I'm using AEON NOX).
(2015-02-13, 09:05)biobier Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using latest Gotham on Windows 7

Update to Kodi v15 v14. It will consolidate all TV sources for a single show and make it show up as a single entry.
(2015-02-13, 20:47)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-13, 09:05)biobier Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using latest Gotham on Windows 7

Update to Kodi v15. It will consolidate all TV sources for a single show and make it show up as a single entry.

Awesome! I need to properly start testing 15
Oops, I mean v14. This feature is already in stable v14 helix.
(2015-02-15, 10:56)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Oops, I mean v14. This feature is already in stable v14 helix.

It is?
It should be. Groupings should now be done based on the TVDB ID number rather than exact folder structure.
(2015-02-15, 12:27)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It should be. Groupings should now be done based on the TVDB ID number rather than exact folder structure.

Looks like I might need to re-scan a few items. Or it might just be easier to move those items now into correct folders and then re-add.

Cheers, anyway.
Hi, Updated to 14.1 and it seems to work! Please pay attention that the folders need to have exact the same name.

If you have it like this it will not merge!
Local: "Under the Dome"
SMB: "Under.the.Dome"

Thanks for your help!
Pages: 1 2