Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-01-15, 17:36)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]Latest Kodi doesn't apply color corection in dxva processing it does that in post processing stage. But seems your drivers for dx11 ignores what Kodi requires don't touch color range during dxva processing. With enabled Use limited colors setting in Kodi this causes a double color correction in dxva processing (in drivers which is wrong) and then in post processing (in Kodi). If Use limited colors is disabled then drivers still apply color correction in dxva processing stage, but Kodi doesn't do color correction in post post-processing stage and you get correct video brightness.

Thanks, it explains why the black levels were all screwed up with the latest build. I might stick with beta 4 for now
(2016-01-15, 17:45)Ed76 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks very much!
but i have tested madvr with dx11 mode (you can choose within madvr dx9 or dx11).
madVR uses dx11 for presentation only, but it still use dx9 dxva processing for deinterlacing. For progressive video madVR doesn't use dxva at all. @madshi will correct me if I'm wrong.
404 page not found on download page? Is this still being built?
(2016-01-21, 06:51)demoncamber Wrote: [ -> ]404 page not found on download page? Is this still being built?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...is_rc1.exe
Hi afedchin,

With regards to hardware base 3D, having upgraded to Jarvis RC1, i'm now find that instead of switching to 3D for full sbs 3840x1080, it's switching to 4K resolution (got a 4K Sony) instead. Obviously this shifts the resolution away from the required '1920 x 1080 (recommended 3D)' setting, so hardware based 3D doesn't kick in.

I'm using the *******.3d file name format for 3D ID.

I found this post about a possible cause... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2210879

fritsch mentions...

(2016-01-10, 21:16)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Example: Video is 3840x2160@24 hz, we will switch up to 3840x2160@24 hz. If video is 1920x1080@24hz, we keep 1920x1080 as the "width" perfectly matches.

...maybe looks like 3840x1080 is also causing a switch 3840x2160@24 hz as its matching to 'width' 3840 as the only identifier, and not 'width+height'?

fritsch's change is great (many thanks fritsch Wink) if a 3840x2160 'width+height' resolution match is found, as it would enable both full sbs hardware based 3D and 4K, by allowing you to run the required desktop resolution setting '1920 x 1080 (recommended 3D)', and the ability to play 4K vids... hardware based 3D would obviously not be possible if you have to run desktop resolution at 3840x2160 to play 4K vids, as you would lose the required setting '1920 x 1080 (recommended 3D)'! Just that 3840x1080 resolution needs to be ignored for 4K switching!!

Here's a debug log... http://pastebin.com/i4dfcN9x

Many thanks
I didn't find swithcing to hardware based 3D in your log. Did you try to select Hardware Based 3D in OSD menu?
(2016-01-26, 01:21)liquidskin76 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi afedchin,

With regards to hardware base 3D, having upgraded to Jarvis RC1, i'm now find that instead of switching to 3D for full sbs 3840x1080, it's switching to 4K resolution (got a 4K Sony) instead. Obviously this shifts the resolution away from the required '1920 x 1080 (recommended 3D)' setting, so hardware based 3D doesn't kick in.

I'm using the *******.3d file name format for 3D ID.

I found this post about a possible cause... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2210879

fritsch mentions...

(2016-01-10, 21:16)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Example: Video is 3840x2160@24 hz, we will switch up to 3840x2160@24 hz. If video is 1920x1080@24hz, we keep 1920x1080 as the "width" perfectly matches.

...maybe looks like 3840x1080 is also causing a switch 3840x2160@24 hz as its matching to 'width' 3840 as the only identifier, and not 'width+height'?

fritsch's change is great (many thanks fritsch Wink) if a 3840x2160 'width+height' resolution match is found, as it would enable both full sbs hardware based 3D and 4K, by allowing you to run the required desktop resolution setting '1920 x 1080 (recommended 3D)', and the ability to play 4K vids... hardware based 3D would obviously not be possible if you have to run desktop resolution at 3840x2160 to play 4K vids, as you would lose the required setting '1920 x 1080 (recommended 3D)'! Just that 3840x1080 resolution needs to be ignored for 4K switching!!

Here's a debug log... http://pastebin.com/i4dfcN9x

Many thanks

(2016-01-26, 07:57)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't find swithcing to hardware based 3D in your log. Did you try to select Hardware Based 3D in OSD menu?

Hi afedchin,

I've just double checked everything... windows desktop resolution set to '1920 x 1080 (recommended 3D)'. Kodi preferred 3D mode set to hardware based.

I can switch the Kodi setting 'stereoscopic 3D mode / current' to hardware based, and the TV switches to 3D correctly.

However when starting 3840x1080 full sbs file, as per Fritsch's change, the TV switches to 4K 3840x2160.

Then using Kodi OSD, the only 3D options showing are sbs and tab, and auto. As the TV has switched to 3840x2160 resolution (as per Fritsch's change), I'm not sure hardware based would be an available option anyway, as the required setting '1920 x 1080 (recommended 3D)' for hardware based 3D is no longer active or set.

Here's a fresh debug log showing all the above... http://pastebin.com/nbzMYFWi ...hopefully you'll see the manual switch of 'stereoscopic 3D mode / current' Kodi setting to hardware based in there.

Many thanks
Hi! I wanted to ask if the anaglyph display options use Dubois method (http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~edubois/anaglyph/) or not. I see FFMPEG supports it (https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Stereoscopic) but I'm not sure it's been implemented through FFMPEG.
Thank you.
Hi, don't know if this is relevant but I had a problem with the DX11 upgrade and a G620T (HD2000 graphics) processor. See this thread.

Basically it affected 1080i content from PVR backends (WMC/ArgusTV) which would not play without severe pixellation. Fitting a GT610 card solved the problem.

Let me know if any more information is needed..
(2016-01-26, 15:45)liquidskin76 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi afedchin,

I've just double checked everything... windows desktop resolution set to '1920 x 1080 (recommended 3D)'. Kodi preferred 3D mode set to hardware based.

I can switch the Kodi setting 'stereoscopic 3D mode / current' to hardware based, and the TV switches to 3D correctly.

However when starting 3840x1080 full sbs file, as per Fritsch's change, the TV switches to 4K 3840x2160.

Then using Kodi OSD, the only 3D options showing are sbs and tab, and auto. As the TV has switched to 3840x2160 resolution (as per Fritsch's change), I'm not sure hardware based would be an available option anyway, as the required setting '1920 x 1080 (recommended 3D)' for hardware based 3D is no longer active or set.

Here's a fresh debug log showing all the above... http://pastebin.com/nbzMYFWi ...hopefully you'll see the manual switch of 'stereoscopic 3D mode / current' Kodi setting to hardware based in there.

Many thanks
In your latest log I saw what you switch to hw stereo in settings. But you doesn't switch to hw stereo when playback is started.

Let's me explain.
1. First of all your movie should be detected as 3D stereo movie. If the movie is detected as stereo 3D correctly then you should see the 3D button with menu to select stereo mode to output (see screenshot #1).
2. If the buttons doesn't exist. Got to OSD video settings and select right stereo type of movie tab/sbs/auto. SBS is your choise (see screenshot #2).Please don't to be confused with the type of stereo movie and the stereo output mode.
3. To switch to any 3D mode you can select preferable stereo mode in the Kodi's settings or select the mode manually in OSD then playback starts.
4. Hardware based mode presents in selection dialog only if your system is Win8 or later and if the 'Enable Stereo 3D settings for all supported displays' is checked at Screen Resolution control panel in windows and if the movie is detected as stereo movie (see screenshots #3 and #4)

watch gallery

So. Please start playback then ckeck what your movie is detected as stereo correctly then select Hardwarebased mode. And let's see what happens.
(2016-01-27, 10:46)kitehigh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, don't know if this is relevant but I had a problem with the DX11 upgrade and a G620T (HD2000 graphics) processor. See this thread.

Basically it affected 1080i content from PVR backends (WMC/ArgusTV) which would not play without severe pixellation. Fitting a GT610 card solved the problem.

Let me know if any more information is needed..
Answered in your thread.
(2016-01-26, 18:36)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I wanted to ask if the anaglyph display options use Dubois method (http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~edubois/anaglyph/) or not. I see FFMPEG supports it (https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Stereoscopic) but I'm not sure it's been implemented through FFMPEG.
Thank you.
All anaglyph modes implemented through our rendering system. The implementation just uses different color channels for different eyes. That's all.
(2016-01-27, 12:11)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]In your latest log I saw what you switch to hw stereo in settings. But you doesn't switch to hw stereo when playback is started.

Let's me explain.
1. First of all your movie should be detected as 3D stereo movie. If the movie is detected as stereo 3D correctly then you should see the 3D button with menu to select stereo mode to output (see screenshot #1).
2. If the buttons doesn't exist. Got to OSD video settings and select right stereo type of movie tab/sbs/auto. SBS is your choise (see screenshot #2).Please don't to be confused with the type of stereo movie and the stereo output mode.
3. To switch to any 3D mode you can select preferable stereo mode in the Kodi's settings or select the mode manually in OSD then playback starts.
4. Hardware based mode presents in selection dialog only if your system is Win8 or later and if the 'Enable Stereo 3D settings for all supported displays' is checked at Screen Resolution control panel in windows and if the movie is detected as stereo movie (see screenshots #3 and #4)

watch gallery

So. Please start playback then ckeck what your movie is detected as stereo correctly then select Hardwarebased mode. And let's see what happens.

OK, I'll double check those bit. Regarding the file name flag for 3D, i'm using .3d, so 'avatar.3d'. That's what i've always used, and has worked in previous testing. I'll let you know asap how the above testing goes, and get you the relevant log.

Thanks Wink
Ok, some progress from further testing!

So by changing the 3D type in the OSD to SBS, and restarting the file, it switches to hardware based 3D ok.
With the 3D type in OSD back to Auto, and by adding .sbs to filename (so avatar.3d.sbs), it switches to hardware based 3D ok.

However with 3D type in OSD set to auto, and having only .3d in filename (so avatar.3d), it doesn't switch to hardware based, and instead switches to 4k 3840x2160.

When testing previously, i've only ever used .3d in the filename as the 3D flag (no .sbs), so maybe an issue with auto detecting the 3D type with just the .3d flag?

I can upload some debug logs if it's help, just let me know what circumstances you'd like me to test and log. That was all tested in Jarvis RC1 by the way.

Many thanks
To properly detecting movie as stereo 3D it should correspond two rules:
1. The main rule to detect what movie is stereo 3d the file name should contains '3d'. It's your case. But it's not enought to detect which type of stereo type the movie is.
2. Second rule is the filename should contains 'sbs' or 'tab' to properly detect which type of stereo the movie is.

Only if the filename corresponds to both rules then the movie properly detected as stereo movie.