Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: COMPLETED: Kodi v14.2 regression testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Testing is over! Thank you to everyone who helped us test! Kodi v14.2 can be downloaded from http://kodi.tv/download/

THIS THREAD IS JUST FOR REGRESSION TESTING. DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR ALL BUG REPORTS. PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE REPLYING HERE.

While these are test builds for a bugfix version, they are still test builds. Proceed with caution and always backup (wiki) your settings!

What is this:
  • These are test builds for anyone who would like to help with testing the upcoming Kodi v14.2 bugfix release.
  • No new features have been added to this version.
  • Only bug fixes have gone in.
The main aim of this thread is to help make sure that no new bugs have accidentally slipped in as a result of the other bug fixes.

How to help:
  1. If something was working in v14.0 or v14.1 and is now broken in pre-v14.2: This is the main thing we want to know about. Please include in your post:
    • Say if this was also an issue in v14.0 or v14.1 or not.
    • A debug log (wiki)
    • The build date (in the download URL or in system info on Kodi)
    • Details about your system (OS, hardware specs, etc)
    • Steps needed to reproduce the issue (play a movie, go to a file list, use an add-on, etc)
    • The more details, the better.

2. If something was broken in v14.0 or v14.1 and is now fixed in pre-v14.2: feel free to post about that. Confirmation is always nice.

3. If something was broken in v14.0 or v14.1 and is still broken in pre-v14.2: please do not report it in this thread unless it's something we specifically asked to be tested. Report those bugs/issues in a new thread.

Where to download:
Specific v14.2 test builds are listed below. Other files in the "test-builds" directory are unrelated to v14.2 testing.

Testing is over, see http://kodi.tv/download/

Changes:
Changes for v14.2 are listed here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/Helix

As always, a huge thanks to all our testers for helping make Kodi better for everyone!
Just jumping in here. My ATV2 was constantly crashing on 14.1 when playing random streams. Upgraded to 14.2 and been stable so far.
Ned, I thought support for the apple had stopped. Is there something in this test build related to the Apple TV?
(2015-02-16, 04:16)Canyaya Wrote: [ -> ]Ned, I thought support for the apple had stopped. Is there something in this test build related to the Apple TV?

At the time 14.1 came out, we thought it was going to be the last v14-release. However, since the fix for the Windows users crashing with the webserver (or at least, the web server was one way the bug was triggered) was able to backport easily enough for v14, and because it was such a big bug, it was decided to do a 14.2 after all. Since we're doing a v14.2 release at all, a few other fixes have been included, and all platforms will get a v14.2 release.

There's nothing specific to the Apple TV 2 that I know of, but there are some general bug fixes that will show up there (and for every platform).
How do I download the 14.2 BETA? I'm a Windows user, and super hoping it's going to FIX the "UNABLE TO CREATE APPLICATION ISSUE".
(2015-02-16, 05:27)ianarman Wrote: [ -> ]How do I download the 14.2 BETA? I'm a Windows user, and super hoping it's going to FIX the "UNABLE TO CREATE APPLICATION ISSUE".

The same way you install any version of XBMC/Kodi: HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Windows (wiki)
The x86 Android build is posted.
I found, and downloaded the 'windows' build.

Please see my comment here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216275
I just downloaded this update. I get an error message saying "OBB not yet present. Please retry later." Kodi 14.1 worked fine and nothing else has been installed on my device. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. I downloaded the arm apk.

I don't know if this is relevant but the apk I downloaded was about 20 mb smaller than the 14.1.
(2015-02-17, 20:13)jabbanator Wrote: [ -> ]I just downloaded this update. I get an error message saying "OBB not yet present. Please retry later." Kodi 14.1 worked fine and nothing else has been installed on my device. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. I downloaded the arm apk.

I don't know if this is relevant but the apk I downloaded was about 20 mb smaller than the 14.1.

oops. try again
Hi.....I downloaded the v14.2 Android ARM version and installed on my Android box. However when I started Kodi I got a message saying OBB not present, and it won't run. worked fine before I did this. Any ideas what the problem is guys ?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work.

EDIT: I have checked file browser, and there is a obb file present on the local disc
Can't you read the post just above yours?
Creation of logfile failed: Kodi 14.1 freezes randomly when playing mkv-files on Intel BayTrail (Openelec). I thought this problem should have been fixed with Kodi 14.0
(2015-02-17, 20:44)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Can't you read the post just above yours?

Sorry didn't see that, got the window open so I can only see very bottom of the page, and edited my post to keep things tidy........... cheers for pointing out my mistake.
I downloaded the new apk, that worked, thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6