Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Bluetooth mobile remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
by using the XBMC webserver, you can remote control it whit your mobile phone.

by using a java app on your cell, that communicates with a java server app on your computer. the server app then communicates with your XBMC.

so the mobile works just like a regular control.

http://web.comhem.se/~u73504508/index.html
Thats cool. Cool

Can the Java-Client also run on a PDA ?

Thanks for sharing your contribution.
sCAPe Wrote:Thats cool. Cool

Can the Java-Client also run on a PDA ?

Thanks for sharing your contribution.

hmm yes, if your PDA supports the jsr-82 package the it should.
Your device should also support CLDC 1.1 and MIDP 2.0,
there is a new version out now. in this version you can browse your XBMC playlist.

That my friend is cocking ace.
Sweetness but technically its an HTTP remote not bluetooth. I'm still gonna download this so I can shutdown the Xbox while at work when my roommate is watching TV (oh is she is going to hate me).
A new relese is out v0.21. with hopfully fewer bugs.

Bugs in v0.2

A bug in the communication class, that makes J-Remote unabel to work on some mobiles.

if you're removing playlist files when the playlist is empety, the J-Remote_v0.2_Server can crash.....

Sometimes the info dosen't update, it only showing "Initiating...."

Playlist looks like crap, while files on the xbox are queued.
I just wanted to say that I am watching this with huge interest. It is exactly what I have been looking for. So much more portable than a PSP wifi remote or PDA.

How far do you think you will be able to push this app?
jiz_king Wrote:I just wanted to say that I am watching this with huge interest. It is exactly what I have been looking for. So much more portable than a PSP wifi remote or PDA.

How far do you think you will be able to push this app?

I'm currently testing a version that alowes you to, browse your music files (and files/folder or play a file). and im trying to get the program working on other devices that uses wlan and supports java.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=547927
Hmm, you beat me to it. I am currently working on an XBMC Bemused server http://bemused.sourceforge.net/ - this already has clients for symbian and j2me
J-Remote_v0.31 is on the way, this build supports CLDC 1.0, this makes it able to run it on for exampel SE p900. Here's a picture of the Browser function on a p900.

The Browser function is implemented in v0.3, but this build is CLDC 1.1....
Nod Would love download and try this feature, but all the linkx r dead. Anyone who can get me the latest version which has WiFi?
8t88 Wrote:Nod Would love download and try this feature, but all the linkx r dead. Anyone who can get me the latest version which has WiFi?

Version : J-Remote_Wi-Fi_v0.1 Big Grin
Hi,

I would be interested in getting your wireless lan version (wi-fi) to run on my mobile phone, a Nokia N91.
It has the following JAVA features:
advanced java support ( CLDC 1.1, MIDP 2.0, Nokia UI API,Wireless Messaging API (JSR-120),Mobile Media API (JSR-135),Bluetooth API (JSR-82), FileConnection and PIM API (JSR-75), Mobile 3D Graphics API (JSR-184), Java Technology Wireless Industry rel. 1 (JSR-185), Location API (JSR-179), Wireless Messaging API (JSR-205), SIP API (JSR-180), Web Services API (JSR-172), Security and Trust Services API (JSR-177), Scalable 2D Vector Graphics API (JSR-226), Advanced Multimedia Supplements (JSR-234)

I hope this is sufficient to get your Wi-Fi version running.
I want to test it, but it seems all your links are down.

Could you put up a valid download link or perhaps send me a (beta) version in private? PM me about that if so.

Rgs H2Deetoo,
Pages: 1 2