Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AFTV] Intermittent Error Playing Movie Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm a newbie to Kodi so please bear with me. I have tried to search for an answer but haven't found anything. I want this to work so badly.

I have Kodi installed on my AFTV. My media files are on my Drobo 5N NAS and the majority of my files are ISO files. The player has successfully played the ISO files in the past, but I am now getting an error when trying to play the files. I was able to successfully play the same files earlier today and I'm trying to figure out why I'm experiencing the issue.

The Kodi log file can be found here. It would be greatly appreciated if somebody could point me in the right direction. Thank you very much!
Any thoughts on this? I'd love to have a movie night tonight if possible.
Can you get us a full debug log (wiki) with debugging enabled (Settings -> System -> Debugging -> Enable debug logging)?
(2015-02-16, 01:36)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Can you get us a full debug log (wiki) with debugging enabled (Settings -> System -> Debugging -> Enable debug logging)?

Thank you very much for looking into this. I enabled the debug logging and the component-specific logging. The file can be found here.

My NAS is the 192.168.2.100 device. Harry is my PC but I don't understand why it logged anything about it because I don't have the PC added as a source. I rebooted my NAS to see if that would help but it didn't. I can stream files from the NAS without an issue using a WDTV Live Media Player.

Please let me know what else is needed to help troubleshoot the issue. Thank you again!
I'm sorry, I don't know why this is happening. Nothing obvious jumps out at me from the log.
I appreciate you trying to help. If anybody else has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them. Thank you!
For those of you who are using Kodi with an AFTV, have you had any intermittent issues playing files from any source? Are you using a NAS of any type? The issue that I'm having with my NAS has me stumped.
Hi,
I am also running AFTV from a remote source (a linux box with SMB server) with no issues.
In your log I see a lot of underruns which mean, that the NAS or the network can't deliver the data fast enough.

If you are technicall savvy you could try NFS from your NAS instead of SMB to see if it makes any difference.
A bit easier first might be to increase buffersizes in your advancedsettings.xml (see wiki for that).

HTH,
-Markus
(2015-02-18, 11:26)mdillman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I am also running AFTV from a remote source (a linux box with SMB server) with no issues.
In your log I see a lot of underruns which mean, that the NAS or the network can't deliver the data fast enough.

If you are technicall savvy you could try NFS from your NAS instead of SMB to see if it makes any difference.
A bit easier first might be to increase buffersizes in your advancedsettings.xml (see wiki for that).

HTH,
-Markus

Thank you for your reply. My network is all hard-wired with Cat 6e with a gigabit router. I know that the Fire TV isn't gigabit capable but I can't imagine that the network is the issue. As mentioned, I can play the same files on a WDTV Live without an issue.

Do you have any settings that you recommend to increase the buffer size? I have read through some of the forums and it there doesn't seem to be a definite answer.

I have reinstalled Kodi and also installed SPMC to see if it would make any different. Unfortunately, the result is the same.

Thank you for your help!
I also have a Gb LAN here and I found the AFTV's performance to be atrocious. I get up to 60MBps from my NAS, and my 10/100 RPi setup could stream movies beautifully, but the FTV was really crap on it - so crappy, indeed, I pulled the cable out and am now running it on wi-fi (5G)...
(2015-02-23, 18:45)krakout Wrote: [ -> ]I also have a Gb LAN here and I found the AFTV's performance to be atrocious. I get up to 60MBps from my NAS, and my 10/100 RPi setup could stream movies beautifully, but the FTV was really crap on it - so crappy, indeed, I pulled the cable out and am now running it on wi-fi (5G)...

I've read in a few places that WiFi has helped some network issues experienced by users. I'm happy to give WiFi a shot but I have an awfully hard time doing that when I have an Ethernet cable sitting right next to it.

Are there any suspicions as to why hard-wired users experience the issues? For those of you using a PC to host the files, do you have any issues while being hard-wired? What about using a NAS?
(2015-03-07, 06:00)burowyako Wrote: [ -> ]I've read in a few places that WiFi has helped some network issues experienced by users. I'm happy to give WiFi a shot but I have an awfully hard time doing that when I have an Ethernet cable sitting right next to it.

Are there any suspicions as to why hard-wired users experience the issues? For those of you using a PC to host the files, do you have any issues while being hard-wired? What about using a NAS?

Same here, it seemed so stupid to switch to wifi when I've got a perfectly good network running in my apartment's walls... but, considering the AFTV's ethernet implementation is 10/100 and my wifi can output up to 300mbps, you can see why it can be better. Btw, I've tried this while streaming from both my Pc and NAS.
I use a fire TV with a mycloud, and I occasionally suffer from network issues. Lately, it just seems like I have to reboot it when this happens.

This happens after my fire TV becomes disconnected from the network for some reason. For example, if I cycle my modem on and off, I have to do the same for the fire TV or it will not run right.

It even affects Netflix performance.
So this is probably a network issue, not an AFTV one...
Well, I have two fire tvs. Only one of them has issues with the network. It will occasionally lose connection. I think I have to reboot then too. But I only have to reboot one of them.
Pages: 1 2