Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OSD Info Screen Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently switched from another Media Center to Kodi because it runs so well on Amazon Fire TV. I love this skin for how clean and customizable it is--by far my favorite out of the 4-5 I have tried. Thank you. I've been reading up on on Kodi, but a couple noob questions I have not been able to find in searches.

1) Is there any way to customize what is displayed on the Video OSD Info screen? It currently shows Writer, which is a useless Field for me. Would it be possible to replace it with Actors or Starring (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1927792)?

2) I've read that the author is trying to keep the skin light-weight (which I appreciate) so has avoided additional icons for media flags. However, I also read that extendedinfo script is supported in some views. I have installed it, and in looking through its installation folders, I see that most media flag icons get downloaded with it (MPAA rating, audio codec, video source, etc). Would it be possible to link these so that they display on the Video OSD Info screen? That way the skin can stay light-weight, but additional icons are available if you install the additional script.

Thanks again for a great skin.