Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Your opinion for my M3: Windows, or Linux, etc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my PIVOS M3 was (is) originally set up with Linux XBMC by my father who gave it to me before I moved away. As a result, my main means of support have been online. I have since been able to update to Kodi 14.0 and am satisfied with its running performance so far.

However, I really know nothing about Linux, and any time I try to run commands via a terminal from my Windows PC, especially to install anything I get errors such as "Code 127, cannot find sudo apt-get" or something of the sort. I copy commands directly from guides, too. I don't even know what that means or why it won't work. When trying to set up an emulator through advanced launcher or RCB, I don't even know what file to point to so that the emulator launches (again, I know nothing of Linux file extensions).

My question is, in your opinion, should I change my OS to something I'm more familiar with, such as Windows? Do you think my performance will suffer? Also, is it a pain to switch over? Just trying to get an idea of whether or not it's worth it. Thanks for your input.
The Pivos M3 is an ARM hardware and AFAIK doesn't run Windows - so you're stuck to either Linux or Android with that box
Oh really? Thanks for that piece of knowledge.