Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Randomly no sound on FTV - Reboot Requird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Got Kodi 14.1 on a FireTV going into a Onkyo 717 receiver. Everything works flawlessly 99% of the time. Every once in a while though I lose all sound on anything I play. This typically happens right after I am watching something and go to select something else to watch. The video starts immediately as usual though there is no sound. When there is no sound it isn't any specific video, it will not play sound for any video even ones that previously worked and/or the one I just finished watching. So far the only fix I have found is to hard reboot the FireTV.

As it is intermittent I do not have a debug log of it yet though I plan to collect one the next time this happens. I was looking to see if anyone else has experienced this and/or knows what is causing it?
I have the same issue, but on a Minix X8-H Android box.

First, everything starts fine, sound is working. Then the sound just goes away (usually just before a video starts).
I've tried both SPDIF and HDMI passthrough. I've tried both TV and external speakers. So it's not cables or audio equipment. Besides, it works fine in the beginning.

The only "fix" is to reboot the box (sometimes doesn't work either).

Interestingly enough, at first the sound disappears ONLY from XBMC. I can still hear sound from other Android apps, but XBMC is silent. Relaunch, force-stop and even cache-clear does not restore sound. However after several relaunches of XBMC, the whole box loses sound.

I've installed Kodi alongside XBMC.
First, sound was lost in Kodi, but continued to work in XBMC. Then XBMC lost sound too. Finally the whole box lost sound.