Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV show matching - folder name is same as filename
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have been trying to set up my TV show but I cannot seem to get it working I have searched for answers everywhere so you are my last hope Smile

I am trying to set up TV Shows but cannot change name due to downloading and uploading using uTorrent.

My structure is:

*\Suits.S04E11.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS\Suits.S04E11.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv
*\Suits.S04E12.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS\Suits.S04E12.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv
*\The.Originals.S02E13.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION\The.Originals.S02E13.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
*\The.Originals.S02E14.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION\The.Originals.S02E14.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv

I tried modifying advancedsettings.xml with no luck. Can you help.

Matic
You will have to have a folder with the show name (exactly as it appears in the TVDB), then what you have below that in the file structure is fine above - there is sufficient information in the file name to scrape correctly. What you would need to do is change the download location in uTorrent and re-check your files.

Your certainly not going to get a clean scrape with your current set-up

C:\TV Shows\The Originals\The.Originals.S02E13.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv and
C:\TV Shows\Suits\Suits.S04E11.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv

Set your content on TV Shows and it should scrape perfectly. As I said you will have to amend your paths in uTorrent, but it can be achieved, with a little work.

See the wiki for naming conventions
This is a grey area of questioning.

However, you're going to find it difficult to get the scrapers to work correctly with your current set up. Ideally, as stated above, you should have "Source:\Show Name\" at the very least, or a better option would be "Source:\Show Name\Season XX\S01E01.file-extension". Or, as I do it, for Suits: "Y:\Suits\Season 04\Suits - 4x13 - Fork in the Road.mkv"
Thank you for replay. I know that I need to change folder name as mentioned above, but I cannot because I am seeding torrents. I will try something and see what happens.
Just place new episodes in a parent show folder like steelman1991 suggested. No need to rename.