Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video pausing using NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
I´m using a T-R42 Android TV-Box (Rockchip 3188) PCB 2.0, with Wasser Firmware 1.0.4- Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
The NAS Device is a WD MYCloud 4TB. Using a 1GB Network LAN.
The NAS ist conected within KODI 14.1 using the SMB protokoll.
It is absolutly impossible to play any kind of Video from this source w/o pausing , rebuffering etc.
It dosen´t metter if i use 576p , 720p ,1080p - all the same.
Must be a KODI issue. If i use MIZUU with MXPlayer or the Player comming with Kitkat , i got no problems at all.

Bigger Video-Buffer should help ?!
try using NFS to connect to your NAS - it has way less overhead and in general performs better than SMB.
Thank you - i´ll try out tonight - I have to wait until i got a chance to use the TV ;-)
no chance at all....
WD MCloud don´t really support nfs. It only shows a empty nfs:// folder and nothing else. No subdirectories no files.No access .
I ´ve readen some Linux Threads that it have to be modified by SSH.
I´m no Linux-Man at all and i´ve no idea what i should do and how i should do that.And if you don´t kown what you´re doing you got a good chance to brick yous device ;-)
I used a USB 2.0 Drive at a AVM-Fritz!Box for NAS before - with good results - the new configuration should be much faster.
Copy 10GB from PC to WD MYCloud in 3min is a good performance. But playing movies via LAN is much worser than playing via
Wlan. But this only happenz in KODI.
LaughOK! I succeed modifieing my WDmycloud working with nfs. I had to edit /etc/exports/ using WinSCP:
adding "nfs/>>YOUR MEDIA DIRECTORY<<192.168.0.0/24(rw,subtree_check,secure)"
Kodi now "see" all my Media-Files and plays them.
But the Problem is the same - pausing and buffering,
I notice something : If i use MIZUU it offers all movie-players whitch i have installed on my box - including Kodi . If i choose Kodi as a player it works! I don´t understand this.
Playing movies within Kodi don´t work - using Kodi as a stand-alone Player works?!Huh
Mmm... That's the second report of files playing fine when launched externally but buffering when launched from within Kodi.
Smells like an issue somewhere...