Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI on 3d Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I've had an Android MX TV Box for about a year now. I've updated to latest versions of XBMC as they've been released. I also installed KODI a little while ago but the only way I can open it is by going into my Apps folder and starting it from there.

What I'd like to do is open it from my 3D Launcher but at the moment it only opens XBMC (Not KODI).

I'm guessing that it's because the 3D Launcher is setup to only open something called XBMC so therefore doesn't see KODI.

Does anyone know how I can change the setting so that KODI opens from the front menu (3D Launcher)

Kind regards,

YP
Does nobody know how I can sort this out? Or is it a matter that it's impossible? Or don't people understand what I'm asking?

YP
Do you mean when you switch the box on, Kodie is the default home screen?
(2015-02-23, 19:13)padlad Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean when you switch the box on, Kodie is the default home screen?

Hi there, not quite padlad.

When I first switch on I have a 3d menu that sweeps from left to right with the cursor button. One of the menu items is to go into xbmc. I want to know if I can change it so that it opens Kodi instead of xbmc Gotham.

Cheers,

YP
I understand what you are saying, as I too want to be able to do this.
On your home screen from start up, on the 3D icons you want the newest install of XBMC to be there.
I have searched high and low, but no joy yet.
Exactly Kelly,

If you find a way of doing it can you let me know please? And likewise I'll let you know if I find out.

YP

(2015-02-26, 20:05)kellygunner Wrote: [ -> ]I understand what you are saying, as I too want to be able to do this.
On your home screen from start up, on the 3D icons you want the newest install of XBMC to be there.
I have searched high and low, but no joy yet.
Uninstall xbmc by going into settings and apps. Find xbnc and uninstall it
Done that, but if I then install Kodi it doesn't replace the XBMC menu slot and the only way I can run the program is by finding Kodi in my android apps folder.

I assume the menu is set up to only recognise the program called XBMC, not KODI.

(2015-02-26, 20:43)Frozin Wrote: [ -> ]Uninstall xbmc by going into settings and apps. Find xbnc and uninstall it
What 3d launcher are you using
I would also like to know the answer to this
Has anyone figured this out yet.. so frusterating. Sad

I just got Kodi.. why ohhh why cant the shortcut be on the main 3d launcher page?

I can create a shortcut using the regular 2d launcher but i dont like that one.. perhaps i can download a better launcjer from play store than i can also create the shortcut and set that as default? So used to the 3d though.. hmmm