Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Autostart or Perpetual Run Addon When None Other is Running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to xbmc and thus far I love it. One of the greatest features I see is the customizing you can do. Right now I have it pretty fine tuned and am amazed I haven't heard of this before.

I really like an audio add on called somafm. I will open it and then start a station called Drone Zone and it starts a visualization and has ambiant sounds for audio. I can then browse through the kodi UI and go about my buisiness.

I would like to know if there is a way to make this add on and that particular station run when I start Kodi. I have done some searching and found an autoexec.py file to put in userdata for the autorun but it isnt working. I'll start Kodi and there's no evidence of an autoexec trying to run. What I would really like is for this program and that station in particular to run any time there isn't anything else playing. Does anyone have any idea how to make this happen?

I'm on the latest Kodi helix 14.2 beta 1 on a windows 8.1 PC with latest updates. Intel core I7 Nvidia gtx 660.

I have also searched this forum for duplicate threads corresponding to this question and have only found the information regarding the autoexec.py and thus far can't get that working.

I am very new to coding in general, but have a decent understanding of syntax and how code works. I still consider myself a newbie in this area though.

Thanks for giving this a read!