Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: File Not Found on from SMB share on a raspi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all my apologies if this is covered in a different thread someplace. I searched the forums for answers and did not happen across a thread that addresses this set of circumstances.

I have two hosts I am trying to use. The first host is Windows 7, on a static IP. My media is on this box, as is a windows install of Kodi 14.1 The second host is a Raspi, running Xbian.

The windows box works perfectly fine. I have a folder on that box that contains folders called Music, Movies, and TV. I have shared that folder as "M".

In Kodi in Windows, I defined my media locations as SMB://IP_ADDRESS/M/{music, movies, tv, etc}, where IP_ADDRESS is the IP of the windows machine (static).
On the Raspi, I did the same.

Doing this, everything worked perfectly. Everything played and worked as it should, albeit with no central library.

I then moved to mySQL to get the central library functionality, and added the advancedsettings.xml file to the userdata folder on my windows and raspi installations.

Doing this appeared to work perfectly. If I play a file on the windows machine, then stop it, on the Raspi, it shows the "resume from" dialog. MySQL also reports connections from both hosts so I think I have that working fine.

However, no matter what I do, I cannot play movies or TV from their respective sections on the main menu on the Raspi. If I do, it says "This file is no longer available." From the "Movies" section, I hit "I" to get the object information window to pop up for a particular title on both the raspi and the windows box. Both of them show exactly the same path.

However, if I go to Videos>Files on the raspi and browse to the same path and movie file from there, it plays.

What I have done:

1. Complete re install of Kodi on both Windows and the Raspi, setting up mySQL from the initial install, and rebuilding the libraries.
2. I attempted to copy the passwords, mediasources, and sources XML from the windows userdata folder to the raspi userdata folder.
3. Changed the paths table in mySQL to refer to SMB://MACHINE_NAME instead of SMB://IP_ADDRESS (then back again)
4. Saved a network location for the windows host on the Raspi (Videos > Add Videos > Browse > Add Network Location).

Any ideas where to start?