Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to get Kodi working with Kathrein UFS922 PVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear All,

I'm looking for support to get Kodi and my Kathrein UFS 922 PVR working together.

- Latest Kodi runs in my household on several Windows 7/8 PCs, FireTV, and Raspberry Pi, also GalaxyS4
- Media is served from Windows PCs and FritzBox 7390 with USB disks
- Several PCs support DVB-T through NextPVR within Kodi
- Kathrein UFS922 is running original 2.10 firmware. I tried Enigma2, but the PVR responds too slow

Challenges:
1. want to stream recorded videos from UFS922 to my Kodi devices
2. want to stream live TV from UFS922 to my Kodi devices
3. want to schedule recordings from Kodi like I do with NextPVR

What is working so far:
I can record to internal (HD), external USB-disks (HD), and cifs mounted disks on the FritzBox (only SD), file format is .ts
Playback is possible through PVR connected with HDMI to TV, and on Kodi all recordings shared through samba mounts
from the FritzBox NAS
UFS922 also supports DLNA, but uPnP access through Kodi does not start the video.

This is interesting:
The very same file, accessed through NAS, would play back on Kodi.
It would play back through NAS on UFS922 directly
But it would not play back regardless where stored accessing it through UFS922 uPnP on Kodi. The logfile says:
15:06:07 T:10620 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [upnp://00000000-0000-0000-0000-00d05504cbd6/12-0/]
Using uPnPlay together with VLC on Android however plays back for me nicely, so uPnP from UFS922 seems to work
According to kathrein webpage http://kathrein.de/service/faqs/sat/#c87 uPnP functionality was tested with
XBMC Mediencenter V9.04. What has changed since then?

Live streaming works for me using the PVR IPTV Simple client. I have not been able to include an EPG (trying Webgrab-Plus),
so could use some help here. And obviously I encounter bandwith problems playing back HD channels on some
Kodi clients connected with Wlan only, but thats to be expected.

Schedule recordings from Kodi - no idea how that could be accomplished. Could a Kodi PVR expert provide some thoughts?
Getting started from an existing basic PVR module with some docu/guidance might be the way to go?
There is an existing API for the UFS922, a webbased remote control, might be useful for starters.

The challenges are in ranking order, 1. is most important to me as you may guess.

Please move this thread to where it might apply best, I thought I might get started in the general section, but am happy to split up the questions if need be.
Dear All,

I have altered the approach, and changed the FW of my UFS922 from Kathrein to TitanNIT v1.62.

What is working now:
I have installed a Samba Server on the UFS922, so all media files can be streamed to any Kodi device.
Although I'm using advancedsettings.xml for the .trp files, I do not get the desired results for those.
This seems to be due to the directory structure Kathrein imposes on me:
<Videoname> <~aufnahme> aufnahme00.trp

If I move aufnahme00.trp into <Videoname> like
<Videoname> aufnahme00.trp

then Kodi can access the trp file and play it back. Is there a way to configure Kodi for this strange directory structure?

Livestreaming now works even with EPG support, as TitanNIT supports an Enigma2 API converter so I'm using now the Enigma2 PVR addon for Kodi.

Recording needs further investigation. I get error messages when I try to schedule a recording through Kodi, but now and then it seems to work. Will keep you posted on that.

Throughts and guidance from TitanNIT users is welcome....
Dear All,

I have been able to address topic 1 completely:

After a restart of my PC .trp files are accepted by Kodi through Samba mounts. Maybe I had a problem caching advancedsettings.xml.
Hi "DerBusIsVoll",
just wanted to know, how you get the first and second point of you list (stream recorded videos and stream live tv) to work?
Wanted to write a PM, but the forum don´t let me.
Maybe you still "listen" to this thread - and maybe you could help me out.
I got a Kathrein 922 and Kodi 15.1.
I also got a Amazon Fire TV - maybe someone knows, how to get the streaming with a android os?
(2015-08-25, 21:11)dawson77 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi "DerBusIsVoll",
just wanted to know, how you get the first and second point of you list (stream recorded videos and stream live tv) to work?
Wanted to write a PM, but the forum don´t let me.
Maybe you still "listen" to this thread - and maybe you could help me out.
I got a Kathrein 922 and Kodi 15.1.
I also got a Amazon Fire TV - maybe someone knows, how to get the streaming with a android os?

Well, actually running TitanNit on the UFS922 gives me the streaming on Kodi for recorded and live TV.
I do also run Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV box.

More details:
- run TitanNIT on your UFS922
- install E2WebIfAPI as extension on TitanNIT
- use the Enigma PVR in Kodi
- play back live TV in Kodi
- install xupnp as extension on TitanNIT
- play back recorded TV in Kodi
- add the upnp UFS922 resource in Kodi
- add Kodi to FireTV: http://kodi.wiki/view/Amazon_Fire_TV