Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to setup an 'offline' HTPC using Kodi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I always suggest Kodi to add all video files into library regardless the information is found online or not. After that we can manually fix the video without information.
(2015-02-20, 23:49)newnews Wrote: [ -> ]I always suggest Kodi to add all video files into library regardless the information is found online or not. After that we can manually fix the video without information.
Yeah, I agree.

Regarding the way to add files manually: Nevermind - I just found this: http://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_video_entri...heFileName. It allows you to add the files just using their names. It's good for a couple of files that can't be indexed but there's no point in using it for a lot of files. For my home movies I'm just going to browse their path directly... I may even add the path in the favorites. I don't see much use in polluting the library with them also Tongue.

After setting up the library I really liked how the thing ended up, so I'm surely going to install a wireless interface in the machine, and since I'm going to the pc shop, is it worthy to exchange the HD5450 on a GT210? The price is the same so I can exchange them (used stuff) without paying a dime... I'd like to get something like a HD6450/6570 since it seems much better and it's only a little bit more pricey but it's not available for exchange.

Anyway, those two addons are essential imho ("Missing Movie Scanner" and "Just Use The File Name").

Thank you for your help guys. Really appreciated.
Pages: 1 2