Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: UPNP Metadata Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Hope this is the right place to post! (If not, could mods please move it to the Windows subforum?)

I feel like this is more of a general Kodi question, but I've setup my desktop (host) with my laptop (client) via UPNP. Everything works fine but my questions are:

1. Is it normal to have to use the "VIDEOS" tab in Kodi to browse the videos on the client side? I noticed that when I click the "TV SHOWS' or "MOVIES" it is blank. This isn't a big problem as it seems that going through the VIDEOS option can filter them out as well when setting up the file path destinations. Just wanted clarification on if it is supposed to be this way.

2. It seems that on the client side, I can see the poster and fanart, but is it possible to also examine the metadata? I press "I" but nothing comes up on the client side when I do this.

Thanks in advance!
For the time being, these are some of the limitations of UPnP sharing. You can often use a non-default skin to map specific UPnP folders to the home screen, but that depends on whatever skin you end up using. The info screen ("i" key) also doesn't actually work via UPnP, but you can often just use a file list view type that shows the summary without showing the full info screen.

I believe the plan is to correct this in the future via the "media import" work being done by one of our very awesome devs, Montellese.