Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV - how to switch audio stream?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello together,

I successfully installed & configured Kodi 14.1 on my Fire TV. Everything is running fine except one thing: if in an MKV container HD Audio is present, then I get only stereo via HDMI to my receiver.
However, the MKV also contains an additional audio format stream, in this case DD 5.1 - a format that is working very well in my environment (also via Kodi & Fire TV). But Kodi does not select it if a HD stream is also available. As a result, I get downsampled stereo, but not DD 5.1
I don't find a way to manually select the alternative audio stream, or [preferred] to tell Kodi that in general it should skip HD audio streams and select alternative ones.

How can I tell Kodi to select the alternative DD 5.1 stream instead of the HD one - either in general or for a specific movie?

Sorry if the question is stupid, but I didn't find anything here in forum or wiki.

Regards,
Kane
... no solution knownHuh
Of course I can create a new MKV without the HD audio stream - but then it's lost Undecided
As per that link that was the only way I found to do it. Play the video , but the select button on AFTV and then manually change the stream. I don't know how to do it without playing the actual movie though.
thanks, Koying & Gkinghrn. Not the preferred approach, but it's a working solution :-)