Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: chromecast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am new to all of this, but so far everything seems to be working fine. Only thing I am wondering is, is there any way to "push" videos/ movies from kodi on your computer to your tv via chromecast while still being able to use your computer for other applications?? The only thing I have been able to manage so far is using the 'experimental' tab mirroring in chrome,... which gets the movies to my tv, but I'm unable to do anything else on my computer while it is playing,.... any suggestions?
I would recommend looking into Plex if you want to play videos using a ChromeCast.
If you have an android phone, check out localcast. It plays videos from upnp servers(which kodi can use) and stream them to your chromecast.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...cast&hl=en
I too had the same question. I'm not sure how it would be set up. I use allcast when I'm using my showbox app but I also would like to know how I can cast kodi videos on to chromecast. Do u have to play around with the playercore file?
Your kodi box is surely connected to your tv via hdmi?
Is there a way to use Kodi to play my video as an option and then just play on the device and not always cast it. I have downloaded localcast and when I play a video on kodi it will always try to play it on localcast but I don't always need it to do that.
There are various Google Chrome addons available in the Chrome store that will cast video files directly from you PC to your Chromecast. I really don't see the need for Kodi in this.