Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Movie playlist is flattened after leaving a movie set
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I think I might have found a minor bug with Aeon Nox 5. I'm using Kodi 14.1 and AN 5.5.6.

As I wanted to keep my Anime separate from the other movies and shows, I've created four smart playlists which I reference everywhere: Movies, Shows, Anime and Anime-Movies. Of course, I've also disabled the default Movies/Shows home menu items and use custom items for the playlists. Here's one of the item actions, for example:

Code:
ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/Anime-Movies.xsp,return)

I'm also using movie sets. When I open a set via Videos -> Playlists -> Anime-Movies -> any movie set and then press backspace, I'm back in the Anime-Movies playlist again and the set I just had a look at is selected. Of course, that's how it's supposed to be.

However, when I navigate to a set by using my custom home menu items - for instance, Anime-Movies -> any movie set - and then press backspace, two things are different: First, I'm kicked to the first item of the playlist. Second, the playlist is flattened. Instead of sets, it now displays all movies separately.
When I press backspace another time to return to the home menu and then re-enter the playlist, the sets are back. The list is only flattened after leaving a set, and only if I navigated to the set from a custom home menu item.

I've moved my AN5 settings to try it with vanilla settings - same thing happens.
Could someone please confirm this behavior to make sure it's not just me?
This is a bug in Kodi, not in Aeon Nox.

It occurs in Confluence and re-Touched as well, and they are the default skins
(2015-02-23, 16:32)isamu.dragon Wrote: [ -> ]This is a bug in Kodi, not in Aeon Nox.

It occurs in Confluence and re-Touched as well, and they are the default skins

Really? I'm sorry, I didn't know. I tried to reproduce it in Confluence but couldn't figure out how to customize the home menu. I guess I would have had to edit the XML files, right? I was looking for a way in the UI.

Thank you for clearing this up.
This problem occur on Helix 14.1 and 14.2 (alpha). I have open a track :

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15746

If you want to solve this issue, go back on Helix 14.0.
Any news on this ? The trac ticket did not have any answer since 3 weeks now...
No news and Helix 14.2 RC1 does not fix the issue Sad

As long as I can run Helix 14.0, it's not a big issue for me but I hope that Isengard will be OK.

I will a little bump on the trac Wink
Yes thank you Mike ! 14.0 fix the problem but suffers from a lot of crashes, so I really hesitate between the 2 versions...
It's because you are running Windows. My HTPCs run on OpenELEC 5.0.0 and no crash and no movie set bug Wink