Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I admit defeat! I'm having issues with my music library, every album appears to have scraped correctly, I can view albums, songs, the album work is shown everything good.

However, when I look at artists, every artist is listed but the majority has a Photo of Bruno Mars - I have no idea why Bruno Mars! The artist name is correct and when clicked it takes me to the correct album and track. but when I use the context menu to veiw "Artist infomation" it bring up the infomation for Bruno Mars although the "header" still lists the correct Artist.

Just to be clear of my issues: Artists x is associated to the correct album and the latest text label is correct, but the artist artwork is incorrect as well as the artist info.

I'm at a loss on what to do, I've done what I thought was the obvious e.g clean library under settings, changed scrapers, i got to the point where I just removed the source and re-scraped the files, I get the same results - blimming Bruno Mars everywhere! I've even deleted the mymusic48.db file And rescanned... Nothing can get rid of him!Confused

I connect to my files via SMB, however they are all on a local disk, they're in the recommended format of Artist folder>Album folder I do have artwork stored in some folders, but apart from the actual Media files no other files are present e.g no .nfo files etc

I'm really not sure what to do, it's not even like I have his (Bruno Mars) Album I possibly have a 1 or 2 tracks on a couple complication albums

I'm using Kodi helix 14.1 on Ubuntu 14.04, and one of the nox skins (however I've also tested on confluence) any idea what else I can do?

thanks in advance
Sure you tagged your mp3s correctly? This would be my first point to check.
Check that there isn't an Artist.nfo file in the root directory of your smb share, or up one level higher.
Yep sorry forgot to mention that, I've used Musicbrainz Picard so all music tagged correctly... I've checked a sample of "Artist" to make sure there no weird tags that have been added by mistake...
(2015-02-24, 01:18)whitebelly Wrote: [ -> ]Check that there isn't an Artist.nfo file in the root directory of your smb share, or up one level higher.

originally I did, however I deleted all of them! Do I need to clear any catch maybe?
Also I've just installed Kodi on an old laptop and scraped the same files via SMB share and everything appears correct so that discounts the files right?
Ok I'm trying to apply some logic to my issue, The difference between my instance on my main HTPC and laptop (HTPC has the issue , lapto has scrapped/displays correctly), is that I’ve been using my HTPC for the last several months so I presume there must have some images cached somewhere - but this doesn’t explain why the "artist Info" is displayed incorrectly?

The other difference is that I have several Addons installed on my HTPC such as CDArtManager, ArtworkDownloader, Cinema experience etc, do/can Addons interfere with Kodi's main database? or do they have they have there "own" database file? is it worth disabling these addons?